February 13, 2019
Business Analyst 5
About The Opportunity
Lead activities in analysis, implementation, and testing to support the goals and objectives of the Michigan. Relies on previous experience with Offender Management Systems to maintain and support applications.
- Lead activities in analysis, implementation, and testing to support the goals and objectives of the Michigan. Relies on previous experience with Offender Management Systems to maintain and support applications. Years of Experience
- 16 or more years of experience in the field.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, independently performs a variety of complicated tasks, a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Provides support and maintenance of the systems. Elicits business requirements for minor enhancements and releases, performs troubleshooting and defect resolution. Under minimal direction, formulates and defines system scope and objectives based on both user’s needs and a good understanding of information technology, business processes, and industry requirements. Acts as a liaison between client and technical solutions/ support groups, using advanced communication skills to elicit, document, analyze and validate client requirements. Applies extensive knowledge of client’s business and industry to develop requirements specifications. Documents requirements and translates into proper system requirements specifications using high-maturity methods, processes and tools. Develops visualization, user experience and configuration elements of solution design. Executes test cases and analyzes results. Adheres to change management principles when responding to requests and performing tasks involving existing systems. Develops and maintains internal and external relationships to support management of scope and expectations. Operates as a team member and as a team leader. Advises on methods to improve business processes. Considers the business implications of the application of technology to the current and future business environment. May assist in the training of clients and peers.
- Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates business systems and user needs. Formulates systems to parallel overall business strategies. Experienced with business process reengineering and identifying new applications of technology to business problems to make business more effective. Familiar with industry standard (including Legacy, Core, and Emerging technologies), business process mapping, and reengineering. Prepares solution options, risk identification, and financial analyses such as cost/benefit, ROI, buy/build, etc. Writes detailed description of user needs, program functions, and steps required to develop or modify computer programs.
- Meet with multiple stakeholders within DTMB. Identify and document solution-based requirements for a COTS RFP and all other requirements (including technical requirements, data conversion and interfaces). Manage service level agreements and associated metric definition, tracking and executive reporting. Draft requirement traceability matrices and test plans for requirement validation. Identify and communicate project status, concerns and opportunities to internal stakeholders.
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Familiar with relational database concepts, and client-server concepts. Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Experience with an offender management system (e.g. intake, charges, sentences, property, housing, meals, scheduling, healthcare, or discharge). Required 2 Years
- Experience with drafting requirement traceability matrices and test plans for requirement validation. Required 12 Years
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Required 12 Years
- Experience with Joint Application Development (JAD) session facilitation. Required 10 Years
- Experience with issue tracking tools (e.g. TFS, JIRA, Bugzilla) Required 4 Years
Skilled with IT process/methodology (e.g. ITIL, COBIT, LEAN, Six Sigma, CMM) and experience implementing processes and methodologies. Highly desired 4 Years
11 + Months
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 107
Hi! My name is Sushil Singh. Helping consultants with getting their desired job is what makes me feel alive. I build a unique relationship with each of my consultants and work on their profile as per their needs. I believe that my consultants are my assets and this motivates me to serve them in an even better manner. Hence, I work towards the success of every consultant I work with.