February 13, 2019
ETL Developer Lead
About The Opportunity
The ETL (Extract, Transfer, Load) Developer Lead is responsible for the movement of data into and out of the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) which will source data from many of institutional systems.
- The ETL (Extract, Transfer, Load) Developer Lead is responsible for the movement of data into and out of the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) which will source data from many of institutional systems. Analyze data requirements, complex source data, and the data model, and determine the best methods in extracting, transforming and loading the data into the data warehouse and other system integration projects. Provide guidance and leadership to fellow ETL developers. Impact and Influence
- This position will interact on a consistent basis with: Data Warehouse Architect, other ETL developers, business/functional analysts, programmer/analysts, database/data warehouse administrators.
- This position typically will advise and counsel: EDM and OIT staff for implementation of Data Stage and other units using Data Stage in best practices related to ETL development.
- Analyze reporting requirements to determine development methods, development templates, and to determine job scheduling.
- Work in an Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) environment tasked to build a data warehouse using complex transformations that come from many of Georgia systems.
- Lead peer design sessions of ETL jobs in IBM Data Stage
- Develop ETL jobs primarily in IBM Data Stage, that satisfy identified business process and data models.
- Lead peer code reviews for ETL jobs that are to be released for testing
- Provide guidance on best practices and documentation of development items
- Troubleshoot and help improve existing ETL jobs.
- Assist Data Warehouse Architect with data modeling and data architecture as needed
- Help in migration and integration testing
- Follow set standards and best practices in ETL development. Refactor existing jobs that do not follow set standards.
- Provide guidance in some Data Stage administration tasks such as scheduling jobs, troubleshooting job errors, identifying issues in unusually long running jobs, etc.
- Work with other development units in improving best practices in ETL development for Georgia.
- Monitor nightly loads and troubleshoot any issues that may arise.
- Maintain technical support documentation.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Full life-cycle experience on large/complex enterprise software development projects.
- Hands on experience in IBM DataStage ETL Design, Development & Build.
- Experience in project life cycle activities on DW/BI (Data warehouse and Business Intelligence) development and maintenance projects.
- Experience loading a dimensionally modeled Enterprise Data Warehouse
- Familiar with dimensional data warehousing concepts such, Facts and Dimensions, surrogate keys, Slowly Changing Dimensions, Bridge tables, Periodic and Accumulating Snapshots, etc.
- Experience in developing best practices, unit testing and developer code reviews.
- Understanding of Unix/Linux system, files systems, shell scripting.
- Understanding of databases/ data marts/data warehouses and complex SQL and Oracle PL/SQL. Experience with databases including Oracle (12c), Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL.
- MUST HAVE RECENT EXPERIENCE WITH IBM DATASTAGE 11.5 or higher.
- PREFER EXPERIENCE WITH INTEGRATIONS WITH DATASTAGE AND WORKDAY FINANCIALS
- MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH SOAP API AND FILE-BASED INTEGRATIONS
- Data Analysis Advanced
- Data Modeling Advanced
- Data Warehousing Advanced
- IBM WebSphere Expert
- JSON Expert
- Linux Proficient
- Oracle Expert
- SQL Expert
- XML Expert
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 104
Hi! My name is Sumit Gupta. I treat all my consultants in a manner that they feel comfortable while working with me on any position they are applying for. Although, the motive is to find the best match for my consultants. But I make sure that I suggest them the right job matching their profile and work history by interacting with them in detail and follow-up with them at each and every level of the hiring process.