Raleigh, North Carolina
February 13, 2019
ECR Interoperability Specialist
About The Opportunity
The NC Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), in collaboration with its partners, seeks the expertise of an Electronic Case Reporting Interoperability Systems Specialist.
- The NC Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), in collaboration with its partners, seeks the expertise of an Electronic Case Reporting Interoperability Systems Specialist to assist with the transition from a paper based reporting system to an electronic case reporting system. This information exchange position provides the applicant with the opportunity to assist in the transition, which is key to moving from paper based reporting of reportable communicable diseases to local health to electronic case reporting that is generated in an automated fashion from provider Electronic Health Record (EHR) systems and sent to a state-wide application (NC EDSS) used by both local and state health department staff.
- The position works with hospital personnel, NC communicable disease epidemiologists, and NC IT application specialists to coordinate and create schedules and application interfaces to exchange patient/disease data utilizing electronic case reporting (eICR HL7 standard), and converts the case reports to a format that can be consumed by NC EDSS.
- Position ensures standard exchange protocol (HL7 eICR), standard vocabulary, etc. are utilized for moving health information between independent medical and public health applications, in near real time.
- Position ensures that information exchange processes accurately report health information data and maintain privacy and security of data under applicable data security and confidentiality standards.
- Position provides guidance and direction to the employee responsible for developing training for county health nurses who will utilize the new case reports in NC EDSS.
- Position will develop and apply standards-based transforms and/or system application code to support local and national exchange of health information.
- Position will configure operational platforms to facilitate information exchange, specifically Orion Rhapsody that is used for NC DHHS\'s existing electronic laboratory reporting (ELR).
- Position will have responsibility for planning, coordinating, and implementing compliance to health information exchange standards during the onboarding and in-production periods for the eCR standard.
- Position will conduct quality control processes that compare electronic records with existing paper records to ensure complete, accurate and timely reporting
Experience writing logic for Health Information Systems Required 5 Years XMLTransform - including Document Type Definitions, Schema Required 5 Years Industry Vocabulary Code Sets (at least 1) - SNOMED, LOINC, ICD10 Required 2 Years Troubleshooting HL7 coding Required 3 Years Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to explain concepts with both health care professionals and IT personnel Required
- Electronic Health Record (EHR) experience (i.e. EPIC, Cerner) Highly desired 3 Years
- Orion Rhapsody Highly desired 3 Years
3 + Months
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 108
Hi! My name is Harmanpreet Singh. I love to work with people and help them find their dream job. I work with my consultants to understand their niche area of work and look for the best match for them. I feel that keeping in mind the priorities of my consultants help me to serve them better. Additionally, I always keep them posted about new relevant jobs which help me to build a connection with them not only professionally but at a personal level as well.