Raleigh, North Carolina
February 14, 2019
IT Lead SAS Programmer
About The Opportunity
NC is seeking a Lead SAS Programmer to perform work related to the enhancements of the Transformed Medicaid Statistical Information System as per the Federal mandate to support the Medicaid Reform.
- NC is seeking a Lead SAS Programmer to perform work related to the enhancements of the Transformed Medicaid Statistical Information System as per the Federal mandate to support the Medicaid Reform.
- NC is seeking a Lead SAS Programmer to perform work related to the enhancements of data extracts for the Transformed Medicaid Statistical Information System as per the Federal mandate to support the Medicaid Reform Project.
- This position is responsible for the design and development of the datasets in SAS and other formats which includes creating and validating input files and formats as per the data mapping artifacts, architecting output datasets and validating data based on the requirements; quality assurance of data and interaction with division/federal staff, vendors and stakeholders to resolve data quality issues and manage all data extracts based on the policies and standards.
- This position involves the ability to research and analyze complex healthcare data from variety of sources in order to evaluate, define, design, develop, test and implement technical solutions to produce accurate data extracts in the required file layout based on the Federal requirements.
- This position is also responsible for analyzing and data mapping utilizing data and information from data warehouse, Medicaid claims processing system (MMIS - Claims, Eligibility, provider etc, Encounter Processing system(PHP-Encounters), PBM (RX Claims) and other division data sources using various SAS Business Intelligence tools.
- This position will need to work with Division staff and other stakeholders to understand the requirements and providing technical support/guidance. Knowledge and ability for utilizing secured file transfer protocols/process compliant with the defined Federal standards. This position will also be a part of the team to develop Dashboards using Tableau.
- Should have the capability to translate business requirements into technical solutions Required 5 Years
- Should have the capability to develop SAS Programs and run the programs in Batch mode to create extract files for CMS. Required 3 Years
- Demonstrated proficiency working with databases - Oracle (11) ,MS Sql server etc. DB2 Required 5 Years
- Extensive SAS programming knowledge, SQL, Pl/Sql and other SAS tools (Base SAS 9.2, SAS BI Suite, Enterprise guide and Enterprise Miner). Required 5 Years
- Understanding of data modeling techniques and experience working with relational data base concepts and data Required 5 Years
- Proven experience delivering Business Intelligence solutions Required 4 Years
- Hands on ETL tool experience Required 5 Years
- Experience with Tableau, dashboard design and develop Required 4 Years
- Strong understanding of healthcare claims processing - Claims, Provider, Eligibility Highly desired
- Hands-on experience in different file transfer methodologies and different file types and layouts Highly desired Years
- Working knowledge of Medicaid and/or MMIS Highly desired
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability present to both technical and business audiences. Desired
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 104
Hi! My name is Sumit Gupta. I treat all my consultants in a manner that they feel comfortable while working with me on any position they are applying for. Although, the motive is to find the best match for my consultants. But I make sure that I suggest them the right job matching their profile and work history by interacting with them in detail and follow-up with them at each and every level of the hiring process.