February 14, 2019
About The Opportunity
In order to meet audit requirements and ensure the security of the State of Michigan enterprise, NTSD is planning a Network Access Control Solution in combination with hardware and software updates.
- The Consultant(s) will work closely with technical teams in the Network and Telecommunication Services Division to provide a consistently functioning, managed IP network, support IT and business initiatives and perform high level problem resolution for multiple State departments and agencies. Manage or coordinate installation, upgrade, or deployment projects, create and update technical support documentation, utilize scripted installation techniques for large deployments. Assist network engineers in troubleshooting difficult or time-sensitive problems.
- Demonstrate strong experience with Cisco Network and IP Telephony equipment and configuration. Other system experience may be required (e.g. with Checkpoint Firewalls and/or F5 Load Balancing equipment).
- Demonstrate experience utilizing network management systems and network tools (e.g., Solarwinds NPM, Cisco Call Manager, IP Control, etc.) and an understanding of SNMP.
- Submit Request for Change
- Hardware refresh
- IOS update
- Submit Request for Change
- NAC configuration
- Complete documentation ADDITIONAL DETAILS
- There will be night and weekend work.
- Expected to be at home base in Lansing on Fridays.
- The rate is an all inclusive rate and traveling expenses will come out of that per state guidelines (meals, lodging)
- This person will be given a State company car and will not be required to pay for fuel.
- Experience with large project implementation. Required 5 Years
- CCNA level experience Required 5 Years
- Wireless and Cisco Voice experience Required 5 Years
- Demonstrate experience utilizing network management systems and network tools (e.g., Solarwinds NPM, Cisco Call Manager, IP Control, etc.) and an un Required 5 Years
- Possess expert knowledge of IP and application protocols (e.g. TCP, UDP, HTTP, SSL). Expert knowledge of the OSI model. Dynamic Routing protocols Required 5 Years
- Excellent communication, organization and project management skills Required 5 Years
- Above average ability to interpret and apply technical instructions and guidelines to job performance; extreme attention to details is essential Required 5 Years
CCNA Certification Desired 1 Years
11 + Months
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 102
Hi! My name is Shaun. I feel that our shortlisted candidates are the most valuable asset when it comes to recruitment. I make sure that I keep in mind the best interest of the candidate and find him/her a suitable job opening matching his/her profile. Not only this I actively work with each of my candidates and keep them updated about the whole application process.