Raleigh, North Carolina
February 14, 2019
Service Desk Manager I
About The Opportunity
The Service Desk Manager I provides daily oversight and operations support to the Service Desk team in support of Services.
- The Service Desk Manager I provides daily oversight and operations support to the Service Desk team in support of Services. This position is critical in promoting communication, positive employee morale, team work and positive customer relationships and requires a passion for driving service excellence to support a diverse population, including state and local government, private businesses and citizens across North Carolina. This position\'s responsibilities include but are not limited to the following
- Oversee incidents and service requests in the ITSM application, in accordance with established processes, procedures and service level agreements to ensure a positive customer experience.
- Assist in day to day operations by ensuring phone and ticket queues are handled within SLA’s.
- Use workforce management (WFM) technology to ensure adequate coverage for all shifts, 24/7/365.
- Prepare reports and analyze performance metrics.
- Contribute to annual employee performance appraisals.
- Help train and mentor employees to ensure consistency across the team.
- Identify trends and communicate high and critical priority issues to management.
- Provide suggestions for continual service and process improvement.
- Support and serve as back up to existing Service Desk Manager. Provide support for the following services
- North Carolina Identity Management (NCID), Active Directory, VoIP/Enterprise IP Telephony (EIPT), PBX, and Centrex systems, mainframe, printer, desktop, and unified communications (including email) and others, as directed.
- Determine when to escalate issues to Tier 2 and Tier 3 groups, vendor, or other agency service desks.
- Proficiency with ITSM and call center applications.
- Understanding of the environment and offerings in the Service Catalog.
- Understanding of applications.
- Proficient with policies, processes and procedures.
- Experience providing support as a Service Desk Manager (including training and mentoring), in a high volume, fast-paced environment. Required 2 Years
- Experience with BMC Remedy 7.6 or higher and Service Now. Required 2 Years
- Advanced problem-solving skills in Microsoft Windows 7 & 10, Microsoft Office suite, and Office 365. Required 4 Years
- Advanced problem-solving skills in network connectivity, network printing, email, smartphones, and web-based applications. Required 4 Years
- Experience training/mentoring Tier 1 Service Desk Technicians in process, customer service and technical skills improvement. Required 2 Years
- Basic understanding of ITIL V3 processes, including Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Knowledge Management. Required 2 Years
HDI Service Desk Manager certification, ITIL V3 Foundation, A+ or Security+ certification is highly desired. Highly desired
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 110
Hi! My name is Mark! As a job matchmaker, I believe that every consultant I work with is unique and try to understand what they are looking for in a new profile. Not only this, but I also try to understand their work background and history to suggest the best opening for them. I build a relationship with all my consultants by keeping them in the loop about any updates during the entire recruitment process.