February 22, 2019
Legacy Systems Specialist I
About The Opportunity
The role of the Legacy Systems Specialist is to provide a variety of services related to support of systems and technologies that are no longer considered state-of-the-art or that require subject matter expertise that is no longer readily available due to the age and changes in system operations and functions over time. Legacy systems, while often characterized as those using older software, hardware, and network technologies, are also still providing mission critical support vital to many agencies. As such, Legacy System repair, maintenance, enhancement, and retirement require highly skilled and hard-to-find expertise.
- Provides planning & design assistance for the interfacing or data exchange with other agency system or technologies.
- Provide planning & design assistance and recommendations for the migration and conversion of legacy functions and data to new software, hardware, or computing platform environments.
- Develop, modify, test, and update existing Legacy systems. This includes producing design, test, and user documentation as required, and interfacing with agency staff and/or other contractors in a collaborative manner.
- Program, code, load, install, backup, repair, debug, reverse engineer, document, test, advise, cross train, and present as needed.
- Execute Legacy System conversion plans and activities required of such plans, such as, allowing for parallel operations, failsafe, rollback, and roll forward strategies as needed.
- Provide mentoring, training, ad coaching to IT project teams as required.
- Work directly with agency staff, as well as vendors and, when necessary, other state agencies in fulfilling and carrying out the requirements of assigned Legacy Systems projects.
- Where documentation isn’t available, reverse engineer programs, functions, and system architectures, so as to reveal the source operation and document the I/O, data structures, and sequencing of operations within a Legacy environment.
- Provide emergency Legacy System support during system failures or when critical deadlines appear. 5-10 years of experience. Generally commercial systems with minimal certification requirements.
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 108
Hi! My name is Harmanpreet Singh. I love to work with people and help them find their dream job. I work with my consultants to understand their niche area of work and look for the best match for them. I feel that keeping in mind the priorities of my consultants help me to serve them better. Additionally, I always keep them posted about new relevant jobs which help me to build a connection with them not only professionally but at a personal level as well.