Raleigh, North Carolina
February 27, 2019
Business Analyst- Expert
About The Opportunity
Business Analyst - Expert for ORBIT System\'s Legislatively Mandated Initiatives: Retirement Systems Division
- The Department of the State Treasurer is seeking a candidate to perform business analyst responsibilities of collecting, analyzing and documenting business requirements to enhance the Retirement Division\'s pension administration system, ORBIT. Business Analyst duties include
- In-depth research to uncover all business rules and statutes to develop complete accurate requirements.
- Ability to identify omissions and errors in requirements.
- Ability to exercise creative and critical thinking in evaluating complex situations and developing solutions while taking into account the limitations and capabilities of the system.
- Coordinate, participate and lead use case development and requirements gathering.
- Ability to create functional requirements in use cases. Coordinate requirements walk-through and sign-offs, verifying with user representatives/stakeholders that use cases and process models accurately portray specific business needs.
- Coordinate and participate in design discussions/reviews to ensure design meets requirements and business needs.
- Coordinate, participate and develop test case scenarios.
- Participate in training development.
- Liaison between business and development team.
- ORBIT is the system Retirements Systems Division of the Department of State Treasurer uses to administer the statutory retirements and fringe benefit plans as authorized by the General Assembly of North Carolina. Due to ongoing operational activities, subject matter experts will not be dedicated to the requirement development process and the candidate will be responsible for scheduling and coordination of requirement solicitation activities.
- Previous Experience as a Business Analyst for technical solutions. Required 7 Years
- Leading/conducting requirement solicitation and analysis sessions involving 10+ people incl. management, business users, subject matter experts, & IT. Required 7 Years
- Multiple forms of requirement gathering incl. doc analysis, analysis of legal statutes and admin code, group discussions, one-on-one and observation. Required 7 Years
- Experience translating business requirements to software solutions. Required 7 Years
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other productivity tools. Required 7 Years
- Ability to acclimate quickly to unfamiliar environments and systems. Required 7 Years
- Motivated, self-directed individual responsible for producing assignments with little direct supervision and minimal guidance. Required 7 Years
- Creative in determining best practice to conduct in-depth research to ensure all bus. rules and statutes are identified and captured in requirements. Required 7 Years
- Ability to acclimate quickly to unfamiliar environment/system and have the ability to get along well with diverse personalities. Required 7 Years
- Experience in the development of testing scenarios, the creation of testing scripts, and assisting end-users in the execution of testing scripts. Required 7 Years
- Possess strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills. Required 7 Years
- preference given to candidates that have experience in business analysis for financial systems, specifically involving employee benefits. Highly desired 5 Years
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 104
Hi! My name is Sumit Gupta. I treat all my consultants in a manner that they feel comfortable while working with me on any position they are applying for. Although, the motive is to find the best match for my consultants. But I make sure that I suggest them the right job matching their profile and work history by interacting with them in detail and follow-up with them at each and every level of the hiring process.