Raleigh, North Carolina
February 27, 2019
Technical Specialist - Mid-Level - Norm
About The Opportunity
Primary responsibilities of this position are to design, code, analyze, modify and maintain new and existing applications and modules for NC Public Water Supply (PWS) Section of the NC Division of Water Resources (DWR).
- Duties include business analysis, process review, recommendations for application architecture, integration, business flow, development, installation and modification of programs and/or packaged programs, program testing, and documentation of the State Drinking Water Information System (SDWIS) and other applications. Employee will provide interface and technology support for web enabled applications, provide solutions for and ensure that the Section’s data is available on the Section’s website and in a format that is user friendly and straightforward. This employee will be involved with other IT staff in assessing the needs of PWS and DWR, and developing technical solutions.
- 40%__Business Web Application Development - Develop dynamic web applications for internal and/or external customers using the .NET framework on the Section’s application servers. Develop the business application through all phases (from requirements gathering through, design, coding, test, deployment and maintenance) of the software development life cycle, following standard SDLC for .NET development and including careful documentation at the appropriate level for all phases. Work with the PWS staff, in general following an iterative development process, providing prototypes for business unit evaluation and feedback, and then updating and moving forward with development based on that feedback. Provide appropriate unit, functional, and system testing, coordinate user acceptance testing, and assure thorough testing before delivery to production. Keep all documentation, generally considered to be “living” documents, up to date throughout the development process. Work with IT management for timely release of updates to production.
- 20%__Business Analysis and Design - Work with the PWS Section staff, the IT manager, and other IT staff serving the section to help determine the unmet business needs of the section, to suggest and evaluate development efforts that can help meet those needs, to assist in assigning development priorities, to help determine and document requirements for development projects selected, and to design an application to meet the needs of the selected project. This will require working hand in hand with the PWS staff and the IT staff not only at the business analysis phase but throughout the entire project to assure that the needs are met in a proficient manner.
- 20%__Project Management - Manage his/her own projects for new development or maintenance of existing applications, helping to determine, track, and meet milestones and schedules. Coordinate human and technical interaction with other agencies, software applications, and security and administrative issues as required to complete the project in an efficient manner. Track any changes in requirements and inform the business unit and IT management of what effect such changes will have on scheduled deliveries. Keep IT and section management appraised of project progress and any issues and risks that might effect that progress.
- 10%__Data Modeling and Database Design – Design and provide an Oracle implementation of the data model for applications that he/she is developing, assuring that the new data structure integrates well with SDWIS and other data models to provide an integrated whole. Assure that required links to the SDWIS database are in place and provide views using SQL against this database and the integrated whole as needed to assure business needs are met. Work with the DBAs to assure timely implementation of changes to the database structure and views.
- 5%__Application Support - Provide or assist in application user guides, training, and support for users of the applications being developed and maintained.
- 5%__Report Development - Develop and deploy reports for internal and/or external use.
- Business analysis, requirements gathering, and business software application design, with strong analytical, design, and communication skills. Required 3 Years
- Project management with strong skills in goal setting and coordination with others to assure task completion. Required 3 Years
- Relational data analysis and modeling, database design, querying, and stored procedure development, preferably in Oracle. Required 3 Years
- Data analysis and modeling, database design, querying, and stored procedure development, in Oracle, SQL and also PL/SQL. Required 3 Years
- Experience in SQL and experience in PL/SQL. Required 3 Years
- N-tier, object oriented, business web application development using the CSLA.NET framework ASP.NET, VB.NET, ADO.NET, HTML and IIS. Required 3 Years
- Experience with source control and defect tracking. Required 3 Years
- Report writing and deployment, preferably using Crystal Reports or Business Intelligence. Required 3 Years
- Exceptional verbal and written and good interpersonal communication skills with both technical and non-technical staff. Highly desired 3 Years
- Internet-based research and the ability to review and understand technical writings and to use the knowledge obtained or present it to others clearly. Highly desired 3 Years
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 110
Hi! My name is Mark! As a job matchmaker, I believe that every consultant I work with is unique and try to understand what they are looking for in a new profile. Not only this, but I also try to understand their work background and history to suggest the best opening for them. I build a relationship with all my consultants by keeping them in the loop about any updates during the entire recruitment process.