Columbia, South Carolina
February 28, 2019
About The Opportunity
The South Carolina has an immediate need for a Business Analyst to assist the South Carolina First Steps to Readiness with gathering business requirements and help in determining what type of data systems they would benefit from implementing.
- The South Carolina has an immediate need for a Business Analyst to assist the South Carolina First Steps to Readiness with gathering business requirements and help in determining what type of data systems they would benefit from implementing. First Steps has significant data and accountability/reporting needs that aren’t being met by its current data systems. Our immediate need (calendar year 2019) is to procure outside consultation to help us inventory our data needs and study the feasibility of various possible solutions. By the end of the year, we want to have a detailed plan in place for moving forward, including scope(s) of work for design and development.
- SC is particularly looking for a Business Analyst that has knowledge and experience with application implementations and/or development of large/enterprise software applications who can work proactively with project team and stakeholders to define the business requirements and test cases/plans for each solution. DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- The following are primary activities which the Business Analyst will be expected to perform.
- Work with the SC project manager and SC First Steps to plan and deliver meetings and collaborative sessions with the agency’s appointed project stakeholders.
- Proactively facilitate, communicate, and collaborate with external and internal entities to analyze information needs and document such needs.
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders to elicit requirements using document analysis of project templates, phone interviews, on-line workshops/webinars, surveys, and occasionally on-site visits.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish unique requests from the underlying true needs.
- Participate in the writing, editing, and finalization of the business requirements and test plans and any other project documentation that is required.
- Work closely with Business Analysts at RFA and other state agencies to determine statewide needs.
- Identify, escalate and propose timely solutions to any and all issues which pose risks to either the on-time completion or to the quality and completeness of the project.
- Report project progress weekly to Director, Project and Application Management and the SC First Steps Project Manager.
- Verbal Communication Skills Yes 1 Currently Using 2 - 4 Years
- Written Communication Skills Yes 1 Currently Using 2 - 4 Years
- Analytical Skills Yes 1 Currently Using 2 - 4 Years
- Requirements Gathering Yes 1 Within 6 Months 2 - 4 Years
- TRANSLATE COMPLEX BUSINESS REQUIREMENTS INTO TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS Yes 2 Within 1 Year 1 - 2 Years
- Translating business requirements or policy documentation into test cases and scenarios Yes 3 Within 2 Years 1 - 2 Years
- Application Development No 4 Within 2 Years 1 - 2 Years
- Expertise designing, implementing, and supporting Enterprise-grade technical solutions meeting complex business requirements No 5 Within 2 Years < 1 Year
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 104
Hi! My name is Sumit Gupta. I treat all my consultants in a manner that they feel comfortable while working with me on any position they are applying for. Although, the motive is to find the best match for my consultants. But I make sure that I suggest them the right job matching their profile and work history by interacting with them in detail and follow-up with them at each and every level of the hiring process.