March 5, 2019
About The Opportunity
This position serves as IT Solutions Architect for the Michigan mission critical information technology (IT) systems.
- This position serves as IT Solutions Architect for the Michigan mission critical information technology (IT) systems. This position will serve as an architect for custom systems, as well as, IT agency support ensuring systems integration with COTS packages and other state and local government systems internal and external to the State (e.g. HRMN, Bridges, Champs, SCAO data warehouse, data interfaces and exchanges with the Michigan State Police, U.S. Department of Justice, local government such as Wayne County law enforcement). Supported systems include those utilized daily in the 24/7/365 management of offenders under the custody and supervision of the Michigan (approximately 40,000 prisoners, and 90,000 probationers/parolees located at 34 prisons and approximately 120 probation/parole field offices statewide), as well as those utilized for agency operations support. The systems utilize a variety of hardware (client/server and web based) and software platforms. This position will provide technical expertise and leadership to application development staff and architect cost effective solutions promoting usability, maintainability and reuse. General Summary of Duty 1
- System architecture and application framework technical authority. Responsible for systems architectural design, administration, security and performance of mission critical agency applications. Technical subject matter expert in the areas of multitier architecture design, web services, security, interface integration and database access concepts.
- Research, evaluate, and recommend selection of application environment architectures, technologies, standards, services, and tools in coordination with other architects, by leveraging the EA Workshops and documenting through the EA Solution Assessment.
- Research, evaluate, and recommend the design of the application environment architecture, hardware, software, and license requirements.
- Validate application/solution architecture design meets requirements established with the use of SUITE deliverables and through structured walk-throughs.
- Review Enterprise Architecture Solution Patterns/Reference Models for specific agency application system. Analyze EA Solution assessments cataloged in EA SA Library for similar system design guidelines.
- Complete EA Solution Assessment for agency application system and submit through EA Core Team representative.
- Create, maintain and verify system level design.
- Verify the architectural integrity of the application environment.
- Review and approve test plans. Incorporate all levels of security, which were identified as system requirements, into test plans.
- Recommend solutions based on the results of technical impact analysis on all proposed infrastructure changes to ensure feasibility and cost effectiveness.
- Facilitate/lead team members for any application environment consolidation, migration, or integration efforts.
- Planning, design, and development of the disaster recovery capabilities.
- Assist the development team with the implementation of the security design including secure coding practices, application security, network security, firewall rules, etc.
- Recommend action to increase application performance i.e., up time, response time, throughput, reliability, scalability, etc.
- Research, develop, and recommend industry best practices/guidelines. General Summary of Duty 2
- Serve as a key staff member as it relates to the overall operations and objectives of the section. Other duties as assigned.
- Lead and/or attend staff meetings, informal and formal training classes, seminars, and conferences.
- Prepare status reports as requested.
- Lead, direct, and participate in key decision-making activities related to budget needs, unit operations, staffing, etc.
- Lead task forces, special committees or research groups.
- Microsoft Server Administration/Support Required 8 Years
- Architect and Implement IT Solutions Required 5 Years
- Networking Required 8 Years
- Cyber Security Required 2 Years
- Project Management Nice to have 2 Years
6 + Months
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 108
Hi! My name is Harmanpreet Singh. I love to work with people and help them find their dream job. I work with my consultants to understand their niche area of work and look for the best match for them. I feel that keeping in mind the priorities of my consultants help me to serve them better. Additionally, I always keep them posted about new relevant jobs which help me to build a connection with them not only professionally but at a personal level as well.