March 6, 2019
About The Opportunity
This position functions as a senior level worker in a team of web server administrators supporting the Michigan.
- This position functions as a senior level worker in a team of web server administrators supporting the Michigan. This position manages and administers agency specific and enterprise-wide web server software and tools and ensures software high availability, disaster recovery, uptime, high performances and security for the client agencies. Activities include web and middleware architecture design, software installation, configuration, tuning, monitoring, updating and patching. This senior position assesses and identifies potential connectivity and compatibility issues regarding software upgrades and new releases as well as advises application development staff on integration with web software, monitors and maintains web server software operations, patches and tuning activities as required. This senior level position coordinates and develops web server software maintenance schedules with peers across organizations.
- General Summary of Duties: Manages and administers agency specific or enterprise application software and tools. Activities include the installation, configuration, tuning, monitoring, updating, and patching. Individual tasks related to the duties
- Research, evaluate, and recommend selection of application environment architectures, technologies, standards, services, and tools, in coordination with other architects, by leveraging the Enterprise Architecture (EA) Workshops and documenting through the EA Solution Assessment (EASA).
- Research, evaluate, and recommend the design of the application environment architecture, hardware, software, and license requirements.
- Validate application/solution architecture design meets requirements established with the use of SUITE deliverables and through structured walk-throughs.
- Review Enterprise Architecture Solution Patterns/Reference Models for specific agency application system. Analyze EA Solution Assessments cataloged in EA SA Library for similar system design guidelines (inside.michigan.gov/DTMB/Work Resources/EA – Solution Assessments).
- Complete EA Solution Assessment for agency application system and submit through EA Core Team representative.
- Create, maintain and verify system level design.
- Verify the architectural integrity of the application environment.
- Review and approve test plans. Incorporate all levels of security, which were identified as system requirements, into test plans.
- Recommend solutions based on the results of technical impact analysis on all proposed infrastructure changes to ensure feasibility and cost effectiveness.
- Facilitate/lead team members for any application environment consolidation, migration, or integration efforts.
- Assist the expert level in the planning, design, and development of the disaster recovery capabilities.
- Assist the development team with the implementation of the security design including secure coding practices, application security, network security, firewall rules, etc.
- Recommend action to increase application performance i.e., uptime, response time, throughput, reliability, scalability, etc.
- Research and develop procedures and guidelines.
- Research, develop and recommend standards and policies. Verify implementation. Manage and administer agency specific or enterprise software and tools including the installation, configuration, testing, tuning, monitoring, updating and patching.
- Develop guidelines and procedures for middleware performance i.e., uptime, response time, through-put, reliability, scalability, etc.
- Develop the guidelines and procedures for performance tuning.
- Evaluate and recommend software fixes to resolve problems.
- Make recommendations to the application developers on software integration for existing software.
- Design, develop, and document capacity management plan.
- Coordinate incident management response tasks and assist facilitation of incident management response activities across multiple groups.
- Audit the software security administration access.
- Coordinate with and provide technical advice to the Project Manager to develop project plan.
- Research, evaluate, and recommend ALM tools including but not limited to requirements management tools, source code management tools, issue/defect tracking tools etc.
- Develop and manage configuration management standards, processes, and policies.
- Design Change Management repositories (example source code repository).
- Provide remediation for escalated CI issues.
- Define qualitative and quantitative Key Performance Indicators for the Change Management process.
- Design reports based on various internal and external audit requirements.
- Manage and track the licensing for the IT development tools and middleware.
- Microsoft IIS Administration Required 5 Years
- Windows Server Administration/Support Required 5 Years
- Microsoft PowerShell Scripting Required 3 Years
- Apache Tomcat Administration Nice to have 2 Years
- Microsoft .NET Web Development Nice to have 2 Years
6 + Months
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 108
Hi! My name is Harmanpreet Singh. I love to work with people and help them find their dream job. I work with my consultants to understand their niche area of work and look for the best match for them. I feel that keeping in mind the priorities of my consultants help me to serve them better. Additionally, I always keep them posted about new relevant jobs which help me to build a connection with them not only professionally but at a personal level as well.