March 6, 2019
Business Intelligence Specialist
About The Opportunity
- Responsible for leading the strategic design and maintenance of business intelligence applications. Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems. Ensures that the use of business intelligence applications enhances business decision making capabilities. Requires a bachelor\'s degree in area of specialty and 5 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with a variety of the field\'s concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. May lead and direct the work of Contractor staff. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- The purpose of this request is to procure Business Intelligence services for Transportation Applications Development (TAD within the Information Systems Branch(ISB). This position is located with the Enterprise Data Management group and collaborates with the BI/DW(Business Intelligence/Datawareshouse) team. The work is in support of enterprise system reporting needs that occur primarily with datasources directly or indirectly related to the BI/DW. Many of the customers being supported would receive the following service(s).
- Provide advice, consultation and helpdesk services to current and potential BI users covering report development and automation processes, reporting best practices, and Microsoft BI tools such as Power BI and SSRS.
- Organize, develop and update training materials to help educate current and potential BI users about report development processes and Microsoft BI tools (Power BI, SSRS)
- Organize and lead user-group labs and training efforts covering reporting processes, POWER BI and other Microsoft BI tools (SSRS)
- Document BI team report development and maintenance standards and processes.
- Communicate and share any new reporting, analytics and technology concepts in order to maximize user engagement and proficiency.
- Gather automation and reporting requirements, document use cases, and analyze data to determine conceptual solution designs.
- Create dashboard and reporting mock-ups and prototypes from conceptual design through delivery. Report and prototype data sources could be cloud data sources (e.g. Azure), or on- premise data sources, including Enterprise Data Warehouse sources or non-Enterprise Data Warehouse sources such as Access or Excel files, or legacy information systems.
- Work with BI user community to develop dashboards, operational, ad hoc reporting from conceptual design through delivery.
- AZURE Proficient No
- BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE Advanced Yes
- Communication skills both verbal and written Proficient Yes
- Data Analysis Proficient Yes
- Data Warehousing Proficient Yes
- MicrosoftOffice Advanced Yes
- POWERBI Proficient Yes
- REPORT REQUIREMENTS MGT Advanced No
- SSRS Advanced Yes
11 + Months
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 105
Hi! My name is Drake. I love to help our placed consultants when they face any problem. Not only this, I work with consultants who have applied for any job with us and introduced them to our company culture. Additionally, I make sure that I do telephonic follow-ups with all the consultants working with us and let them know about the current status of their applications. I also make sure that our consultants are happy with the results.