March 7, 2019
About The Opportunity
Senior PM required to manage Recreational Marihuana Tax project and City of Detroit conversion project for Michigan Department of Treasury. Other efforts may be assigned based on the PM priorities. Years of Experience: Minimum 5 years of experience as a Project Manager.
- The required position is for a Senior Project Manager to lead multiple Information Technology (IT) projects in support of the Michigan Department of Treasury. As a member of the project manager will follow the State\'s SUITE methodology (and required deliverables), and utilize the State\'s Project and Portfolio Management (PPM) too, to perform project planning through project closeout.
- This PM will manage multiple high visibility projects. Business Tax Recreational Marihuana project is to implement an automated process for collecting the Recreational Marihuana Facilities Excise Tax (10% excise tax on gross sales receipts) from provisioning centers in the State of MI using the existing Michigan Treasury Online portal interfacing with SAP systems.
- The new functionality will allow recreational marihuana facilities tax payers the ability to log in to MTO and submit their return and payment for the 10% excise tax. This functionality will allow Treasury the ability to provide information to other state agencies monitoring the payment of the excise tax for delinquency.
- This PM will also facilitate the transition of the administration of City of Detroit Tax returns currently being administered by the State of Michigan, back to the City of Detroit. This transition includes all years and city tax types currently administered by the State of Michigan.
- Advanced experience managing programs of projects, complex projects or multiple projects. Demonstrated and advanced understanding of project management methodologies. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A significant degree of creativity and latitude is required. Works under limited supervision with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
- Designs, plans, and coordinates work teams.
- Follows standard project management industry practices such as the PMI\'s framework.
- Understands business and technical objectives of a project and works closely with project sponsor.
- Creates project charter and work plan and tracks budget and schedule progress via appropriate metrics.
- Establishes project organization and methodologies and defines roles and responsibilities. Documents risks and develops mitigation plans.
- Manages scope. Creates and implements a communication plan. Builds an effective team, assigns tasks to team members, and evaluates outcomes. Negotiates resources. Communicates to stakeholders and project sponsor. Identifies, tracks, and ensures resolution of issues and removal of barriers. Provides technical support to project team members. Handles complex application features and technical designs.
- Designs and implements the components required for complex application features.
- Solid skills in project management utilizing a formal project management methodology. Required 5 Years
- Solid skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Required 7 Years
- Strong leadership and communication skills. Required 5 Years
- Ability to communicate technical terminology at levels appropriate to the audience both orally and in writing. Required 7 Years
- Experience in project planning, scheduling, tracking, issue/risk management, and status reporting. Required 7 Years
- Experience developing Project Charter, Project Communication Plan, Risk/Issue Plan, Resource Plan and definition of budget estimates. Required 7 Years
- Experience managing call center, infrastructure and application development projects. Required 2 Years
- Solid skills in project scheduling utilizing a project scheduling tool such as MS Project. Desired 7 Years
- Experience managing projects utilizing Agile Scrum. Desired 2 Years
- Project Management Professional certification from PMI. Desired
- State of Michigan SUITE experience. Highly desired
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 107
Hi! My name is Sushil Singh. Helping consultants with getting their desired job is what makes me feel alive. I build a unique relationship with each of my consultants and work on their profile as per their needs. I believe that my consultants are my assets and this motivates me to serve them in an even better manner. Hence, I work towards the success of every consultant I work with.