March 7, 2019
Project Manager 2
About The Opportunity
This position will design, plan, and coordinate the technical team within a legacy modernization project that will replace multiple existing legacy IT systems within a Corrections environment by following standard project management industry.
- This position will largely focus on providing leadership and coordination of the work of the technical project staff on the legacy modernization project and provide the project’s program manager general project support. The management of the project technical team will require working side-by-side with the State of Michigan’s technical team manager to lead the technical team and ensure the delivery of work on time and within budget. This position will report to the modernization project’s program manager through the Enterprise Project Management. This position has a high probability of being extended past the end date listed.
- Designs, plans, and coordinates technical work teams in conjunction with the State’s technical manager and the project’s program manager.
- Participates in interviews, and manages new technical project staff in cooperation with the State’s technical manager.
- Devises and maintains an internal project schedule for the project’s technical team, ensures compliance with such schedule, and works with the project’s program manager to integrate this schedule with the larger project schedule.
- Provides project management support by working directly with the project’s program manager, technical team manager, and business team manager.
- Becomes part of the project’s leadership team that includes the project’s operational stakeholder, program manager, technical team manager, and business team manager.
- Coordinates and controls the end-to-end process of capturing all key project artifacts related to the activities of the project’s technical team.
- Raises identified risks and issues to the project’s program manager and the State’s technical manager.
- Works with stakeholders through the project’s program manager to facilitate effective project governance through periodic status reporting, project/portfolio data, and regular governance meetings.
- Supports all project delivery work in accordance with required State methodology and following all standard project management industry standards.
- Works under limited supervision with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
- Directs corrective actions in any area where performance falls below objectives.
- Maintains the ability to work in high-pressure, deadline driven environment.
- Experience as a Project Manager on information technology projects with budgets in excess of $5,000,000 Required 6 Years
- Experience in operating within a Project Control Office (PCO). Required 2 Years
- Experience managing projects involving vendor owned, designed, and hosted solutions. Required 2 Years
- Expert verbal and written communication with clients and technical staff in English. Required 7 Years
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, information technology, or related field Required
- Experience in information technology development, deployment, risk mitigation, issue resolution, and data migration Required 5 Years
- Experience writing Statements of Work and Project Change Order Required 5 Years
- Experience in project scheduling utilizing project scheduling tool such as Microsoft Project. Required 5 Years
- Direct professional experience as a developer, database administrator, or other technical role in which technical skills were required. Required 2 Years
- Experience managing multiple tech resources such as developers, database admins, and business analyst to meet deliverable deadlines w/ high quality Required 2 Years
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint Required 7 Years
- Experience working directly for a State Corrections Department as a project manager focused on large-scale enterprise IT systems. Desired 2 Years
- Project Management Professional (PMP) credentials. Desired
- Experience with State of Michigan SUITE methodology and related documentation. Desired 2 Years
- Experience using Microsoft Visio for presentation design and business process diagramming Desired 2 Years
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 107
Hi! My name is Sushil Singh. Helping consultants with getting their desired job is what makes me feel alive. I build a unique relationship with each of my consultants and work on their profile as per their needs. I believe that my consultants are my assets and this motivates me to serve them in an even better manner. Hence, I work towards the success of every consultant I work with.