Raleigh, North Carolina
March 8, 2019
About The Opportunity
The IT Hardware Deployment Team for DIT - Transportation will be responsible for replacing 3000+ Windows desktops, laptops, and tablet computers in 500+ sites throughout the state of North Carolina, annually.
- The IT Hardware Deployment Team for DIT - Transportation will be responsible for replacing 3000+ Windows desktops, laptops, and tablet computers in 500+ sites throughout the state of North Carolina, annually. The team will be based out of the IT Distribution Center in Raleigh. Team members will use data provided to them to determine computers that are due for replacement, develop a plan for deployment, and work with the business units and site techs to create a schedule for the work to be performed. New computers will be imaged, joined to the domain, user software installed, and labeled, at the IT Distribution Center. All computers and peripherals will then be driven to the install site, per the pre-approved schedule, where team members will replace the old computers. Some sites will be completed in short, one-day trips, while others will be grouped in trips lasting 2-5 days. Weekend work may be required, depending on the business unit impact on public services. Team members will be responsible for transferring all user-specific software, profiles and locally stored data, and setting up local/network printers and network resources.
- Customer Desktop Support - Uses technical expertise and understanding of business needs to evaluate assigned IT incident and problem service desk tickets to appropriately prioritize and evaluate business impact. Proactively promotes positive customer relationships and mentors others to ensure client satisfaction and organizational success. Takes ownership of customer problems and works with a sense of urgency to resolve incidents and problems. Communicates status of progress to the customer. Provides updates on work progress to Customer Support Specialists and the Service Desk using call tracking system. Has significant technical knowledge and serves as a resource for other technicians to help solve complex problems. Skilled in different types of computer hardware, software, peripherals and components, networking protocols and communications. Installs and images new computers and loads appropriate software for customers. Deploys new business applications as needed. Installs local and network printers and other peripherals and configuration of same. Responsible for user data and migration of profiles as computers are replaced. Stays abreast of current technology in a changing environment. Identifies emerging trends and issues, researches and makes suggestions for technical solutions to solve current and future problems. Uses extensive knowledge to develop and/or implement information technology solutions to enhance organizational success. Works with Data Center Operations with user file server data storage, network reservations, data restores, various account creations and modifications (AD, email, NCID, CITRIX, etc.). Works with application development teams to identify application issues at the customer level and provide technical detail for development teams to accurately identify problems within applications. Works with network infrastructure teams to identify network issues at the customer level and provide significant technical detail to assist in network hardware resolutions.
- Project Management - Ability to lead projects that require directing the work of others and with some latitude on actions or decisions. Leads team efforts and assesses and integrates the skills and strengths of individuals for project and organizational success. Provides status on project work to management.
- Develop and maintain appropriate documentation for all responsible areas - This position is responsible for creating and maintaining all documentation of process and procedures for all areas this position is responsible for. This documentation is to be used by team members for operational standards of daily work. This documentation will also be used in accordance with Operational Level Agreements (IT internal) and Service Level Agreements (IT external). All documentation should be reviewed annually.
- System Security - It is the responsibility of all Technical Services Staff to be aware of DOT and ITS security policies, as well as the security issues directly affecting the systems and technology for which this position is directly involved. This position is responsible for implementing requirements of the IT Security Office and protecting data from unauthorized access, alteration, destruction, or usage in a manner inconsistent with covered IT Security Policies and standards.
- Skilled in different types of computer hardware, software, peripherals and components, networking protocols and communications Required 7 Years
- Installing and imaging new computers and loading of appropriate software for customers. Required 7 Years
- Installing local and network printers and other peripherals and configuration of same. Required 7 Years
- Migrating Data and user profiles. Required 7 Years
- Documenting process and procedures related to technical field support activities. Required 7 Years
11 + Months
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 107
Hi! My name is Sushil Singh. Helping consultants with getting their desired job is what makes me feel alive. I build a unique relationship with each of my consultants and work on their profile as per their needs. I believe that my consultants are my assets and this motivates me to serve them in an even better manner. Hence, I work towards the success of every consultant I work with.