Columbia, South Carolina
March 8, 2019
Systems Software Programmer - Consultant
About The Opportunity
Candidate should be expert coder in both visual interfaces and web services construction.
- Candidate should be expert coder in both visual interfaces and web services construction. In addition, they should be expert in the most effective and efficient product development using Microsoft Visual Studio 2015, C#, ASP.NET, ASP.NET MVC 3 or higher, jQuery, .NET, MS SQL 2012 R2 /2014 enterprise server and TFS (Team Foundation Server). This includes code development, unit testing, source code management, build management, integration testing, and deployment.
- This contract position is needed for ongoing development and support for the Early Care and Education systems. System assignments will include maintaining and updating legacy applications into the larger integrated Child Care Services System development (CCSS) and will serve as a member of the team for the SC Child and Adult Care Food (CACFP) program). This position will also serve as a backup lead developer for the effort to migrate our SC Voucher process in to CCSS. This position may be assigned to additional system development projects as needed to support the Agency and the Early Care and Education program.
- The Child Care Services System (CCSS) is a project that is replacing several different Child Care Systems with a newer framework that integrates functions and reporting into one system. This position will also play a role in the development efforts for the Child Care Services System and will assist in planning and integrating the SC Voucher and CACFP functions into the CCSS.
- The CACFP system consists of three modules: Application, Claims, and Compliance. The Applications and Claims modules are in production use and are in the enhancement phase. The CACFP Compliance module is being developed in stages, with the first few stages in production use.
- SC Voucher is an intranet application for children to receive payment vouchers attending quality rated child care providers. Attendance is logged within the system and quality rated child care providers receive payment. This is a federally funded program that is administered at the state level. This position will act as a back up to the lead developer and will be responsible for designing and implementing the processes and functions into CCSS. This position will participate in the modifications of all SC Voucher system components, and provide ongoing support for any needed changes and break/fix support for the SC Voucher’s daily use.
- 7 years of experience independently designing and implementing medium to large-scale software systems and components using .net architectures.
- 5+ years’ experience developing data-driven applications utilizing significant relational database engines as part of the overall application architecture.
- 5+ years’ experience building web-based software systems, utilizing N-tier architectures, dynamic content, highly-scalable approaches, and complex security models/implementations
- Knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and at least two application, database, messaging or web server systems.
- Successful design and implementation of multiple software components and subsystems.
- Ability to communicate the design and implementation of software systems including relevant strengths/weaknesses and reasons for implementation decisions.
- Ability to communicate (orally and written) effectively with technical, non-technical staff, and customers/stakeholders as needed or directed.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the DSS and other State information technology staff.
- Administrative Verbal Communication Skills Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 6 + Years
- Administrative Written Communication Skills Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 6 + Years
- Database Platforms MS SQL Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 6 + Years
- Database Platforms SQL Server Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 6 + Years
- Database Platforms Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2013 Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 6 + Years
- Program Management Agile/Scrum Methodology No 6 Intermediate Within 6 Months 1 - 2 Years
- Programming Languages ASP.NET Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 6 + Years
- Programming Languages C# Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 6 + Years
- Programming Languages Visual Basic .NET (VB.NET) Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 6 + Years
- Programming Languages Visual Studio Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 6 + Years
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 102
Hi! My name is Shaun. I feel that our shortlisted candidates are the most valuable asset when it comes to recruitment. I make sure that I keep in mind the best interest of the candidate and find him/her a suitable job opening matching his/her profile. Not only this I actively work with each of my candidates and keep them updated about the whole application process.