March 14, 2019
Business Analyst 4
About The Opportunity
Senior Business Analyst/Consultant: Review, analyze, and evaluate Michigan Department of Transportation business systems and user needs. Experience with analyzing existing IT applications/systems and modernizing them.
- The Senior Business Analyst/Consultant serves as the communication bridge between non-technical business users and technical solution developers. The Senior Business Analyst/Consultant has a depth of knowledge in business analysis processes including knowledge of facilitation, methodology, tools, and techniques. The Senior Business Analyst/Consultant is responsible for analyzing the raw data gathered by the project team, then applying the appropriate tools and techniques to create meaningful results. This individual is an active participant in aspects of department assessment, visioning, and reengineering, they rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, they independently perform a variety of complicated tasks, such as identifying and documenting business requirements, they may lead and direct the work of others, and they may report directly to a project lead or manager. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates business systems and user needs. Formulates systems to parallel overall business strategies. Experienced with business process reengineering and identifying new applications of technology to business problems to make business more effective. Familiar with industry standard (including Legacy, Core, and Emerging technologies), business process mapping, and reengineering. Prepares solution options, risk identification, and financial analyses such as cost/benefit, ROI, buy/build, etc. Writes detailed description of user needs, program functions, and steps required to develop or modify computer programs.
- Prepare and document Functional and Technical Specifications for reporting and data warehouse work. Assist with business warehouse/intelligence support and enhancements. Develops RFPs. Assist in deployment and management of end-user reporting tools and platforms. Work with IT and business project teams to understand reporting and data warehousing requirements and propose solutions. Document and provide knowledge transfer to the rest of the Enterprise Reporting Team for all solutions.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Familiar with relational database concepts, and client-server concepts. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Works under general supervision; typically reports to a project manager. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- The scope-of–work is to serve as a Senior Business Analyst/Consultant for various Michigan projects; the scope-of-work includes the following
- Facilitate requirements meetings
- Create product and sprint backlogs, identify development tasks, and create test plans/cases
- Document business requirements in EPICS and User Stories, functional and technical specifications
- Track and Trace deliverables, route for review as needed and tabulate feedback
- Connect data mapping pieces to produce end to end conversion schematic
- Post documents to SharePoint
- Conduct research to identify detailed requirements pertaining to interfaces and other key aspects of the project.
- Assist in the creation of presentation materials
- Create As-Is and To-Be process Flows.
- Other duties as required
- Overall Experience in Business Analyst Role in the Information Technology field. Required 10 Years
- Facilitating requirements gathering and joint application development sessions w/ business clients. Required 8 Years
- Creating both functional and technical requirements documentation including EPICS, Features, and User Stories. Required 4 Years
- Leading artifact and system design reviews with peers and system specialists Required 4 Years
- Experience with Agile principles, such as Scrum methodology (creating product and sprint backlogs, user stories) Required 4 Years
- Quality Assurance/Analyst experience Nice to have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Information Technology Required
- Experience working as liaison between business and technical staff. Required 10 Years
- Experience documenting business process flow documents such as As-is and To-Be work flows. Required 5 Years
Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) Highly desired 5 Years
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 104
Hi! My name is Sumit Gupta. I treat all my consultants in a manner that they feel comfortable while working with me on any position they are applying for. Although, the motive is to find the best match for my consultants. But I make sure that I suggest them the right job matching their profile and work history by interacting with them in detail and follow-up with them at each and every level of the hiring process.