Des Moines, Iowa
March 18, 2019
Technical Specialist 2
About The Opportunity
- Systems Administrator
- The Systems Administrator is responsible for effective installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
- The position requires someone that is detail oriented with a strong desire to provide exceptional service. The system administrator will be responsible for improving the stability and performance of various operating systems, maintaining and improving the security posture of the systems, continuous monitoring of system health, and troubleshooting issues that arise.
- The Systems Administrator is accountable as the primary resource for the Linux environment and will serve as a backup to the Windows System administrators as well as the applications that support the enterprise infrastructure and business critical services. Responsibilities on these systems include the administration, maintenance, troubleshooting, and performance of VMware systems, hosting hardware, Linux servers and Microsoft Windows servers. Responsibilities include
- Engineering of Linux systems administration-related solutions for various project and operational needs.
- Fluent in various flavors of Linux: CentOS, RHEL and Oracle Enterprise Linux
- Install and configure Linux servers and application residing on Linux servers
- Develops and maintains appropriate system documentation to ensure that documentation is current.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards.
- Provide Tier III/other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Virtual Center administration and troubleshooting
- Strong knowledge of Windows Server administration
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; including documentation
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure/add new services as necessary.
- Upgrade and configure system software that supports infrastructure applications or Asset Management applications per project or operational needs.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Provides backup to Sr. Windows Engineer and Storage and Virtualization Engineer as needed
- System administration experience in Linux environments and proficient in tasks such as analyzing log files, managing user accounts and groups Required 5 Years
- System administration experience in configuring iptables and setting up mail services. Required 5 Years
- Windows Systems Administration and Active Directory Required 3 Years
- Hands on VMware experience, including vSphere and administration of VMware clusters Required 3 Years
- Strong knowledge of MS Windows 2008, 2012, 2016 servers Required 3 Years
- Experience troubleshooting system level problems including server failure and OS tuning Required 3 Years
- Experience with Samba, CIFS and NFS mounts Required 3 Years
- The ability to create and manage BASH scripting Required 3 Years
- Experience with Nagios monitoring software Required 3 Years
- The ability to schedule and manage Cron Jobs Required 3 Years
- Experience configuring and managing Apache Web servers including SSL Certificate configuration, reverse proxy and load balancing configuration Required 3 Years
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal & written correspondence) in a professional and courteous manner with technical and non-technical personnel Required 3 Years
- Will be required to be accessible 24x7 in case of emergency Required 3 Years
- Bachelor’s degree, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science, preferred Desired 3 Years
- The ability to setup and configure systemd services Desired 3 Years
- Experience with VMware Horizon View Virtual Desktop Desired 3 Years
- Experience configuring and managing other application server and middleware technologies such as JBoss, AS/Wildfly, IBM MQseries Desired 3 Years
- Develop and maintain Atlassian applications such as but not limited to: JIRA, Confluence and Bamboo Desired 3 Years
- Configuring and managing Apache Tomcat is a plus Desired 3 Years
- SOLR experience is a plus Desired 3 Years
- Alfresco experience is a plus Desired 3 Years
- Experience with DBMS software including, but not limited to, Oracle, MySQL, MS SQL Server and MongoDB Desired 3 Years
- Strong knowledge of Active Directory and Terminal Services Desired 3 Years
- Strong knowledge of DNS, DHCP, LDAP, SMTP and TCP/IP networking Desired 3 Years
- Knowledge of SAN storage, VMFS, iSCSI, NFS, etc. Desired 3 Years
11 + Months
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 107
Hi! My name is Sushil Singh. Helping consultants with getting their desired job is what makes me feel alive. I build a unique relationship with each of my consultants and work on their profile as per their needs. I believe that my consultants are my assets and this motivates me to serve them in an even better manner. Hence, I work towards the success of every consultant I work with.