Columbia, South Carolina
March 18, 2019
CL - Business Analyst - Consultant
About The Opportunity
SCOPE OF THE PROJECT: SC is seeking an expert Project Coordinator (PC) to work directly with the OIM and Medicaid Enterprise System (MES) leadership teams to ensure the successful completion of complex business solutions in accordance with the Deputy Director of OIM’s vision for the Medicaid Enterprise System.
- The South Carolina Department of Health and Human Services is seeking a highly experienced consultant to act as PC for a high visibility, large scale technical project.
- The PC will work with various internal teams including Agency Leadership, Project Directors/Project Managers, Technical Directors/Developers, Business and Technology Stakeholders/Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and other Agency staff use Agile methodology to coordinate and deliver multiple phases of a software development project.
- We are exclusively looking for candidates with significant, current experience in Agile and Scaled Agile framework and Scrum techniques and practices, have SDLC experience in distributed and mainframe systems, can work independently in a fast-paced environment and produce multiple quality deliverables with varying deadlines. Candidates should be self-starters and creative problem solvers and have the flexibility to learn new products and technologies quickly. Essential Responsibilities
- Work alongside appropriate staff, teams, stakeholders and other points of contact (POCs) as required, to understand the goals and objectives of complex information systems and business processes
- Participate in and lead design level discussions to provide recommendations on document and artifact deliverables based upon administrative, technical and management aspects of the agency transformation initiative
- Coordinate and often lead small teams consisting of developers, analysts, and other systems project associates to complete the project lifecycle
- Use project management tools such as Confluence, JIRA, Microsoft Project and Sharepoint to compile and manage information needed for project schedules, portfolio/ program schedules, metrics, reports, audits and project management documentation
- Use technological and administrative skills to plan, organize and achieve both clearly defined and “in-flight” business, development and technology processes Program Experience
- Current experience with large-scale technology conversion programs in the insurance industry is strongly desired and will be given the highest weight. Experience must include expertise on both distributed and mainframe system conversions using in-depth knowledge of Agile and Scaled Agile framework and Scrum techniques and practices.
- Experience with groups of varying sizes and capacities who are working towards multiple goals with varying stakeholders and deadlines is key to this position. Particular weight will be given to individuals who have experience with groups beholden to federal, state, and/or industry compliance and/or timeliness standards.
- Experience with development and management of requirements as related to the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) is required for this position. Experience as a project coordinator and/or project lead for projects that include multiple product releases is a requirement for this position. This experience must include Behavior Driven Development.
- Experience with multi-tenant, multi-vendor environments, cloud services and vendor interface management would be considered desirable for this position. Technical Knowledge
- Experience with the following technologies is a prerequisite for this position
- Medicaid Management Information Systems (or other Health Information Technologies)
- Agile and Waterfall Software Development methodologies
- Mainframe processes/ architecture
- Diagramming software such as Visio, Bizagi, etc.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word)
- Cucumber/ Gherkin General Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist (and often lead) in the design, development, implementation and/or ongoing maturation of SC systems, processes, and/ or artifacts
- Utilize Microsoft Office software suite, eGRC system, Bizagi, Atlassian and other products to document and report on information gathered OIM efforts
- Collaborate with agency leadership, business partners and other parties/stakeholders to provide recommendations on business and technical processes
- Database Platforms MS SharePoint No 1 Expert Currently Using 4 - 6 Years
- Education Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business field Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 2 - 4 Years
- Miscellaneous Software development Yes 1 4 - 6 Years
- Miscellaneous Confluence No 1 Expert Currently Using 4 - 6 Years
- Operating Systems/APIs MAINFRAME OPERATIONS No 1 Expert Currently Using 4 - 6 Years
- Program Management Agile/Scrum Methodology Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 6 + Years
- Software Framwork JIRA framework No 1 Expert Currently Using 4 - 6 Years
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 104
Hi! My name is Sumit Gupta. I treat all my consultants in a manner that they feel comfortable while working with me on any position they are applying for. Although, the motive is to find the best match for my consultants. But I make sure that I suggest them the right job matching their profile and work history by interacting with them in detail and follow-up with them at each and every level of the hiring process.