Brooklyn, New York
March 19, 2019
Senior DataStage ETL Developer
About The Opportunity
NY seeks Senior DataStage ETL Developer to work with the Information Technology (IT) Division for a period up to 36 months. The Developer will primarily be responsible for creating and maintaining ETL applications using IBM DataStage v11.5. The Developer must be available to work a minimum of 40 hours per week.
- NY seeks Senior DataStage ETL Developer to work with the Information Technology (IT) Division for a period up to 36 months. The Developer will primarily be responsible for creating and maintaining ETL applications using IBM DataStage v11.5. The Developer must be available to work a minimum of 40 hours per week. ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING ETL DEVELOPER TASKS AND DELIVERABLES
- The ETL Developer shall provide NY Data Management with technical expertise for the completion of Data Quality, Profiling, Cleansing and Migration efforts as well as NY ongoing process improvement programs. The following deliverables shall apply
- Analyze business requirements and design applications.
- Work with data SME’s to modify applications improving the existing business processes.
- Actively participate in optimization and performance tuning of existing ETL and SQL processes.
- Transform technical specifications into ETL processes to load the data for cleansing prior to the migration.
- Provide business units with ad-hoc deep-dive analytical reports in support of business rules parsing effort.
- Collaborate with technical leads in identifying and addressing production issues and data quality gaps.
- Support processes that proactively detect, correct, and prevent invalid data values.
- MANDATORY SKILLS: Candidates must meet all the requirements below to be considered for the Senior DataStage ETL Developer position
- Minimum of five (5) years of recent experience developing applications using IBM DataStage ETL.
- Extensive experience with IBM DataStage Designer and Director.
- Experience migrating mainframe VSAM data to relational and/or multidimensional SQL databases.
- Experience with Legacy and Unstructured data.
- Experience working in multiple development environments/systems: IBM Mainframe, Windows Server, UNIX and SQL Server.
- Strong SQL knowledge working with complex queries and stored procedures.
- Proficiency in mainframe applications encompassing JCL, COBOL, VSAM and DB2.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation, writing, analytical, problem solving, and information gathering skills along with fundamental technique troubleshooting abilities.
- Strong analytical skills demonstrated by the ability to receive and analyze requirements and propose a suitable solution that adheres to the team’s methodology. PREFERRED EXPERIENCE
- Experience extracting business rules from the existing legacy code.
- Experience with MS Visual Studio and .NET.
- Experience developing applications in IBM VSE mainframe environment
12 Months + Ext.
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 107
Hi! My name is Sushil Singh. Helping consultants with getting their desired job is what makes me feel alive. I build a unique relationship with each of my consultants and work on their profile as per their needs. I believe that my consultants are my assets and this motivates me to serve them in an even better manner. Hence, I work towards the success of every consultant I work with.