March 19, 2019
About The Opportunity
An on-site Project Manager (PM) is being sought to perform project management tasks and activities for the Montana (SOS), Division’s TotalVote project.
- An on-site Project Manager (PM) is being sought to perform project management tasks and activities for the Montana (SOS), Services Division’s TotalVote project. The goal of the TotalVote project is focused on completing the business design/requirements, configuring the application code, testing, data conversion, and conducting the user training necessary to replace the existing Statewide voter registration system with BPro’s TotalVote. TotalVote will deliver a unified voter registration and election management application integrated with numerous different election modules to manage and maintain elections and voters in the State of Montana. It will be replacing an existing Electus Voter Registration system that was implemented in 2005. Background
- The mission of the Secretary of State is to help commerce thrive, promote democracy, and to record history for future generations. The Election & Voter Services Division is subject to provisions of Montana Code Annotated Title 13, associated State laws, Federal regulations, and vital business process mandates. Contracted services are essential to ensure the project’s success. Other Tasks
- Provide Project Management for the implementation of BPro’s Total Vote System for the Secretary of State office and county election officials.
- Provide day-to-day project direction and coordination to the SOS project team.
- Develop and maintain the project plan in coordination with vendor.
- Resolve project planning and scheduling issues.
- Manage TotalVote project challenges and keep project momentum.
- Report to and take direction from project leadership. Duties / Responsibilities
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define and refine the project scope, goals, and deliverables.
- Develop project plans and associated project documents.
- Effectively communicate project tasks and expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project tasks and goals.
- Set and maintain project expectations with the project team and other stakeholders.
- Work with the project leadership team to assign and delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate staff.
- Discuss identified project conflicts with the project leadership and work to resolution.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Track project milestones and deliverables.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation and presentations to the project leadership team.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Direct and motivate project team members and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned tasks.
- Work effectively with current vendor (Perspecta) and new vendor (BPro) to ensure a smooth transition between the current system and the replacement system.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher, or equivalent work experience.
- PMP (Project Management Professional) Certification, or equivalent.
- Knowledge of election processes and systems preferred
- Expert knowledge of principles and practices of electronic data and information management systems and procedures.
- Solid technical background, with understanding or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies.
- Proven working experience as a project manager in the information technology domain.
- Strong organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
- Experience with successful implementation of IT systems for State and Local Governments.
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 105
Hi! My name is Drake. I love to help our placed consultants when they face any problem. Not only this, I work with consultants who have applied for any job with us and introduced them to our company culture. Additionally, I make sure that I do telephonic follow-ups with all the consultants working with us and let them know about the current status of their applications. I also make sure that our consultants are happy with the results.