March 19, 2019
Business Analyst 5
About The Opportunity
Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates business systems and user needs. Experienced with business process reengineering and identifying new applications of technology to business problems to make business more effective.
- Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates business systems and user needs. Experienced with business process reengineering and identifying new applications of technology to business problems to make business more effective.
- This position will serve as a senior level business analyst with the Department of Technology, Management, and Budget (DTMB) Agency Services supporting Treasury. Position is responsible for the following
- Serve as a communication bridge between non-technical business users and technical solution developers
- Elicit and document functional requirements
- Develop and document technical system requirements
- Review and document business processes
- Contribute to use case / user stories estimates
- Develop use case / user stories documentation
- Develop functional designs
- Support system design and development
- Prepare realistic, practically valid, versatile test data
- Develop software test plans
- Participate in Regression testing, Quality Assurance testing, User acceptance testing
- Contribute to the mentoring of less experience Business Analysts on the team
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Work with stakeholders and discover the underlying business need
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with clients
- Ensure requirements and business solutions map to a business need
- Assists with documentation, training materials, and knowledge transfer between technical teams and end-users
- Serves as a technical consultant to Treasury clients to develop solutions to streamline critical business processes according to Treasury’s strategic plan
- Participate in a variety of analytical assignments that provide for the enhancement, integration, maintenance and implementation of Department of Treasury’s policies, procedures, and information systems.
- Overall experience in Business Analyst role in the Information Technology field Required 5 Years
- Facilitate requirements gathering and joint application development (JAD) sessions with business clients Required 5 Years
- Create/update IT project documentation including use cases/user stories, application requirements, functional designs, system designs and test plans Required 5 Years
- Experience using industry-standard methodologies like System Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Agile/Scrum processes, and Systems Engineering Methodology Required 5 Years
- Bachelor\'s Degree in Business or Information Technology Required 5 Years
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with an ability to build consensus and effective teams Required 5 Years
- Experience working as liaison between business and technical staff Required 5 Years
- Experience documenting business process flow documents such as As-Is and To-Be workflows Required 5 Years
6 + Months
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 110
Hi! My name is Mark! As a job matchmaker, I believe that every consultant I work with is unique and try to understand what they are looking for in a new profile. Not only this, but I also try to understand their work background and history to suggest the best opening for them. I build a relationship with all my consultants by keeping them in the loop about any updates during the entire recruitment process.