March 19, 2019
Programmer Analyst 5
About The Opportunity
- Plans, develops, tests, and documents computer programs, applying knowledge of programming techniques and computer systems. Years of Experience
- Advanced experience in the IT industry and as a programmer analyst.
- Includes descriptions detailed earlier as well as programmer analyst experience in specialized IT technologies which may not be widely used or are new to the industry.
- Plans, develops, tests, and documents computer programs, applying knowledge of programming techniques and computer systems. Evaluates user request for new or modified program, such as for financial or human resource management systems, clinical research trial results, statistical study of traffic patterns, or analyzing and developing specifications for bridge design, to determine feasibility, cost and time required, compatibility with current system, and computer capabilities. Consults with user to identify current operating procedures and clarify program objectives. Formulates plan outlining steps required to develop program, using methodologies such as structured analysis and design or object-oriented development.
- Work involves assisting in analyzing systems outlines to develop programs for computer applications, writing solution programs, documenting the methods and procedures used in program development, and testing and correcting programs. Works under moderate supervision with limited latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. Develops block diagrams and machine logic flowcharts to represent operations and data flow for applications.
- Captures requirements using industry standard development frameworks and tools. Designs reports, forms and letters along with computer terminal screen displays to accomplish goals of user request. Reviews screens, reports, forms and letters designs with users. Converts project specifications, using industry standard tools, such as object-oriented tools and code generation, into sequence of detailed instructions and logical steps for coding into language processable by computer, applying knowledge of computer programming techniques and computer languages.
- Enters program codes into computer system. Enters commands into computer to run and test program. Reads computer printouts or observes display screen to detect syntax or logic errors during program test, or uses diagnostic software to detect errors. Replaces, deletes, or modifies codes to correct errors. Analyzes, reviews and alters program to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements. Writes documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, and corrections. Writes manual for users to describe installation and operating procedures. Assists users to solve operating problems. Recreates steps taken by user to locate source of problem and rewrites program to correct errors. May use computer-aided software tools in each stage of system development. May train users to use program. May oversee installation of hardware and software. May provide technical assistance to program users. May install and test program at user site. May monitor performance of program after implementation. May specialize in developing programs for business or technical applications.
- Experience in application software design, development, and implementing of medium-to-large scale client server systems and applications. Required 8 Years
- Experience programming in client/server applications Required 9 Years
- Analyzing business requirements, generating project specifications and in turn developing code, and applying knowledge of computer programming Required 5 Years
- Experience programming in SQL and/or Transact-SQL Required 5 Years
- Experience unit testing and performing peer reviews of developed code to insure conformity to standards and design best practices. Required 5 Years
- Experience programming in PowerBuilder 9.0 or higher Required 2 Years
- Experience participating as a programmer/analyst in projects using CMM/CMMI Level 3 methods and practices Required 2 Years
11 + Months
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 110
Hi! My name is Mark! As a job matchmaker, I believe that every consultant I work with is unique and try to understand what they are looking for in a new profile. Not only this, but I also try to understand their work background and history to suggest the best opening for them. I build a relationship with all my consultants by keeping them in the loop about any updates during the entire recruitment process.