Blythewood, South Carolina
March 20, 2019
CL - Database Administrator - Advanced
About The Opportunity
SC SUPPORTS IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD OF 100 PLUS SQL SERVER DATABASES AND ARE IN THE PROCESS OF MIGRATING THOSE DATABASES FROM SQL SERVER 2008 TO SQL SERVER 2016.
- SC SUPPORTS IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD OF 100 PLUS SQL SERVER DATABASES AND ARE IN THE PROCESS OF MIGRATING THOSE DATABASES FROM SQL SERVER 2008 TO SQL SERVER 2016. IN ADDITION IS IMPLEMENTING HIGH AVAILABILITY SOLUTIONS ON A NUMBER OF THE SYSTEMS SUPPORTED BY THESE DATABASES AND INCREASING OUR USE OF REPORTING SERVICES AND ANALYSIS SERVICES IMPLEMENTED IN A NUMBER OF SUPPORT SYSTEMS SUCH AS SHAREPOINT, MS SYSTEM CENTER, TEAM FOUNDATION SERVER, AND OTHERS. SC IS ALSO FACING INCREASING SECURITY CONCERNS AROUND THESE ASSETS.
- SC IS ALSO INVESTIGATING BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE SOLUTIONS FOR ALL OF ITS DATA ASSETS INCLUDING ORACLE AND SQL SERVER DATA. THIS ENGINEER WILL BE EXPECTED TO PROVIDE SUPPORT FOR THIS INITIATIVE.
- IN ADDITION, THIS POSITION WILL SUPPLEMENT OUR CURRENT SQL DBA FORCE WITH PRODUCTION SUPPORT ACTIVITIES SUCH AS OS UPDATES, SECURITY UPDATES, ETC. AND WILL REQUIRE BEYOND NORMAL HOURS ACTIVITIES.
- THIS IS EXPECTED TO BE A LONG TERM, ONGOING ASSIGNMENT. ON-SITE PRESENCE IS REQUIRED THEREFORE REGIONAL CANDIDATES (SC, GA, NC) WILL BE GIVEN PREFERRED PRIORITY.
- CANDIDATE WILL BE WORKING IN A TEAM ENVIRONMENT CONSISTING OF 5 DATABASE ENGINEERS AND ADMINISTRATORS AND WORKING DIRECTLY WITH APPLICATION DEVELOPERS AND SERVER SUPPORT TEAM. EXCELLENT ORAL AND WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS SKILLS ARE REQUIRED. DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- SQL Server
- Setup and maintain data replication and mirroring
- Configure maintenance automation
- Backup and Recovery
- Troubleshoot SQL Server performance issues as they occur, including after-hours and weekends
- SQL Server monitoring
- Install and configure new SQL Servers
- Develop and support data warehouse and cubes through SQL Server Analysis Services
- Migrate SQL Server database to SQL Server 2012, 2014
- Develop Reports using SSRS
- Support SSIS packages
- Develop database design, development, and management standards
- Consult with developers regarding database design.
- Implement 3rd party databases for vendor supplied applications
- Oracle 11/12: Desired
- Analyze, develop, and support stored procedures and SQL.
- Business Intelligence
- Assess business intelligence tools for appropriateness to SC data architecture, SQL and Oracle.
- Design and develop and manage the design and development of dashboards and reports through a BI solution
- Develop and present end user training for BI solution
- Develop and present developer training for BI solution
- Database Platforms backup/recovery Yes 1 Advanced Within 2 Years 6 + Years
- Database Platforms failover clusters Yes 1 Advanced Within 2 Years 6 + Years
- Database Platforms High-Availability Yes 1 Advanced Within 2 Years 6 + Years
- Database Platforms MS SQL Server 2008 Yes 1 Advanced Within 2 Years 6 + Years
- Database Platforms MS SQL Server 2012 Yes 1 Advanced Within 2 Years 4 - 6 Years
- Database Platforms MS SQL Server 2014 Yes 1 Advanced Within 2 Years 2 - 4 Years
- Database Platforms Schema design including the appropriate implementation of database access security protocols into reporting program code. Yes 1 Advanced Within 2 Years 6 + Years
- Database Platforms SQL Server Analysis Services ( SSAS) Yes 1 Advanced Within 2 Years 4 - 6 Years
- Database Platforms SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) Yes 1 Advanced Within 2 Years 4 - 6 Years
- Database Platforms SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) Yes 1 Advanced Within 2 Years 4 - 6 Years
- Database Platforms Strong background in database planning, scaling, and capacity planning activities Yes 1 Advanced Within 2 Years 4 - 6 Years
- Database Platforms Oracle 11G No 3 Intermediate Within 5 Years 4 - 6 Years
- Database Platforms Oracle 12 No 3 Intermediate Within 2 Years 2 - 4 Years
- Miscellaneous Business Intelligence (BI) Yes 2 Advanced Within 2 Years 6 + Years
- Miscellaneous DESIGN OF COMPLEX WEB INTELLIGENCE REPORTS AND DASHBOARDS Yes 2 Advanced Within 2 Years 6 + Years
12 + Months
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 108
Hi! My name is Harmanpreet Singh. I love to work with people and help them find their dream job. I work with my consultants to understand their niche area of work and look for the best match for them. I feel that keeping in mind the priorities of my consultants help me to serve them better. Additionally, I always keep them posted about new relevant jobs which help me to build a connection with them not only professionally but at a personal level as well.