March 22, 2019
Senior Systems Administrator
About The Opportunity
Senior Systems Administrator
- The Senior Systems Administrator is responsible for managing customer support requests, respond to monitoring alerts, and proactive system maintenance on systems and networks. Candidates must have a vast knowledge in order to support a wide array of hardware platforms, operating systems, and software packages. Core Responsibilities & Tasks include but not limited to:
- Performs daily monitoring tasks of the hardware, operating system software, and systems-related software products and take action as required
- Support business operations through functional engagement on all IT and IS support issues
- Deliver hands-on technical resolutions for enterprise technology and systems
- Performs troubleshooting as required. As such, leads problem-solving efforts often involving outside vendors and other support personnel and/or organizations
- Develops procedures to maintain security and protect systems from unauthorized use, acts of nature and user abuse
- Develops procedures, programs and documentation for backup and restoration of host operating systems and host-based applications
- Participates in a 24-hour on-call support rotations for emergency support issues and after-hours fixes and upgrades.
- Strong interpersonal skills and work well with others
- Candidates must be able to work as a team member in troubleshooting issues and innovate solutions to solve problems
- Experience with numerous Microsoft administrative applications such as Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, Office 365, DNS, DHCP, IIS, etc.
- Can install and manage Microsoft SQL Server (2005-2017) and/or Oracle 12c
- Can install, manage, and upgrade/migrate Microsoft Server Operating Systems (2008 – 2016).
- Experience with SAN appliances, such as NetApp
- Experience and knowledge of best practices regarding backup processes using backup appliances, such as Unitrends
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of SQL querying
- Experience with MS SQL server and/or Oracle administration
- Microsoft SQL Server and/or Oracle: 2 years (Preferred)
- Linux Server Administration: 2 years (Preferred)
- SAN Management: 2 years (Preferred)
- IIS Administration: 2 years (Preferred)
- Microsoft Windows Server Administration: 2 years (Preferred)
- SQL Command: 2 years (Preferred)
- VMware vSphere ESXi: 2 years (Preferred) Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science in MIS, IS, Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Windows MCITP/MCSA/MCSE is preferred.
- At least 5-10 years\' experience as a systems administrator in an enterprise environment
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 110
Hi! My name is Mark! As a job matchmaker, I believe that every consultant I work with is unique and try to understand what they are looking for in a new profile. Not only this, but I also try to understand their work background and history to suggest the best opening for them. I build a relationship with all my consultants by keeping them in the loop about any updates during the entire recruitment process.