Columbia, South Carolina
March 22, 2019
CL - IT Healthcare Consultant - Software Engineer - Consultant
About The Opportunity
SC is seeking an OLAP Team Lead to work directly with the OIM and Medicaid Enterprise System (MES) leadership teams to design, build, deploy and maintain business intelligence (BI) solutions and data analytics platforms. The OLAP Team Lead will lead and participate in the full development lifecycle of OLAP capabilities and will be responsible for the development and architecture of OLAP solutions.
- The OLAP Team Lead will manage the day to day activities and work direction of the OLAP team. This is a hands-on position that will be developing, engineering, and leading. Essential Responsibilities
- Lead, and often work alongside, teams of DBAs, BAs, QA staff, developers and data scientists to create data delivery solutions according to industry best practices and federal guidelines
- Design and build both traditional and big data solutions leveraging the raw data lake (RDL) based on business requirements, architectural requirements, and established coding standards
- Routinely create visualizations and reports and present said reports and associated artifacts to Agency senior leadership
- Ensure proper documentation of design, code, system architecture, data flows, debug and test scripts
- Uses advanced skill set to develop, test, troubleshoot and supports reporting projects and associated solutions/ applications Program Experience:
- Current experience with South Carolina Medicaid, Social Services, or similar public benefit programs is strongly desired and will be given the highest weight.
- Current experience with RDL is preferred for this position.
- Experience that shows understanding of infrastructure, server environments and their interrelationship with applications and databases and their performance.
- Clearly defined success on analytical work using big data processing or within OLAP programs is a requirement for this position.
- The ideal candidate can work effectively with little supervision and strong attention to detail in a team environment. General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead a team that will design and build analytics platforms to disseminate analytical insights to internal and external customers.
- Mentor OLAP team members and other team members as needed/ requested
- Provide leadership to the OLAP team by clearly defining parameters for success, creating professional development plans for team members and ensuring their completion, providing feedback in a timely manner, and taking some or all aspects of administrative responsibility for contract team members
- Create normalized database schemas using data modeling discipline for OLAP databases
- Participate in detailed technical design to identify, resolve and document technical design alternatives and issues.
- Anticipate and recommend solutions to data integrity and data quality issues
- Develop and maintain artifacts that visually and verbally communicate relationships between key business and data concepts
- Implement new methodologies as needed for specific models or analysis
- Helps business users understand data governance and may facilitate training or outreach activities
- Database Platforms MS SharePoint No 1 Expert Currently Using 4 - 6 Years
- Education Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business field Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 2 - 4 Years
- Miscellaneous Confluence No 1 Expert Currently Using 4 - 6 Years
- Software Framwork JIRA framework No 1 Expert Currently Using 4 - 6 Years
- Specialties OLAP Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 4 - 6 Years
- 7+ years of practical experience with data systems engineering, data visualization and data analytics.
- 7+ years of experience coordinating complex data systems/ architecture to align with business and technical needs.
- 5+ years of quantitative analysis experience.
- 5+ years of debugging experience.
- 5+ years of prior experience in working with query languages, probability tools, data modeling tools and business intelligence tools.
- Prior Health Information Technology and/or Program experience.
- Prior experience with South Carolina Medicaid, Social Services, or similar public benefit programs.
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 102
Hi! My name is Shaun. I feel that our shortlisted candidates are the most valuable asset when it comes to recruitment. I make sure that I keep in mind the best interest of the candidate and find him/her a suitable job opening matching his/her profile. Not only this I actively work with each of my candidates and keep them updated about the whole application process.