Columbia, South Carolina
March 22, 2019
PROJECT_MANAGEMENT - Enterprise Project Manager - Consultant
About The Opportunity
Under limited supervision, the Project Manager will work with the WIC Program, Project Management Office, QA, and IT Contractor to coordinate and oversee all project management activities related to the implementation of Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) for the WIC Program to maintain compliance with the approved Implementation Advanced Planning Document and the USDA 901 Handbook.
- Responsible for scope management of the WIC EBT implementation project, including but not limited to the development of the WBS, WBS dictionary, and the project scope statement.
- Review and determine the impact of all scope change requests and submit them to the Project Sponsor for review and approval.
- Develop the scope control and validation measures and communicate any changes to scope to all project participants.
- Ensure that all project documentation is updated based on any changes made.
- Utilize processes, templates, etc. approved by the project management office.
- Develop and maintain a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress.
- Communicates progress, risks, expectations, timelines, milestones and other key project metrics to team members and management staff. Where project control is in jeopardy, creates contingency plans with appropriate input from key team members and implement a revised project schedule, scope in a timely manner.
- Other general project management duties as assigned.
- The position will be utilized for 40 hours per week for the duration of this project. The selected candidate should be able to work flexible hours where it may be necessary for work to be completed outside traditional business hours.
- The candidate will work closely with the WIC Program, Program Management Office, QA Contractor and Bureau of Information Technology to identify, prioritize, and schedule workload and implementation. The position will work with program area team members to ensure that all business and contractual requirements are met to support the WIC EBT Implementation project.
- Candidates must be self-motivated, team-oriented, work under limited supervision, and respond to priority tasks as needed. Payment Schedule:
- All timesheets shall be entered and approved in a timely manner per State contract terms. The State will not pay any extra costs (i.e. Travel, employee benefits, insurance, room and board, etc.) for temporary employees under this contract DHEC Support. DHEC will provide:
- Staff to assist with any application or data questions.
- Miscellaneous ABILITY TO DEVELOP, COMMUNICATE AND PRESENT PROJECT DOCUMENTATION AND REPORTS Yes 5 Expert Currently Using 4 - 6 Years
- Miscellaneous KNOWLEDGE OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY FIELD, BEST PRACTICES, ORGANIZATION AND OPERATIONS Yes 8 Advanced Within 1 Year 4 - 6 Years
- Miscellaneous MS Visio Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 2 - 4 Years
- Miscellaneous Requirements Gathering Yes 4 Advanced Within 1 Year 2 - 4 Years
- Packaged Applications Microsoft Project 2010 Yes 9 Expert Currently Using 2 - 4 Years
- Program Management Agile/Scrum Methodology Yes 7 Expert Currently Using 4 - 6 Years
- Program Management EXPERIENCE WITH PROJECT MANAGEMENT OF LARGE ENTERPRISE LEVEL PROJECTS WITH PROVEN IMPLEMENTATION SUCCESS Yes 1
- Expert Currently Using 4 - 6 Years
- Program Management PMI Certifications Yes 2 Expert Currently Using 2 - 4 Years
- Program Management PMP Yes 3 Expert Currently Using 2 - 4 Years
- Program Management Software Development Lifecycle - SDLC Yes 6 Expert Currently Using 4 - 6 Years
- EXPERIENCE WITH PROJECT MANAGEMENT OF LARGE ENTERPRISE LEVEL PROJECTS WITH PROVEN IMPLEMENTATION SUCCESS.
- PMI, PMP CERTS.
- REQUIREMENTS GATHERING
- ABILITY TO DEVELOP, COMMUNICATE, AND PRESENT PROJECT DOCUMENTATION AND REPORTS.
- SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT LIFE CYCLE (SDLC) METHODOLOGIES.
- EXPERIENCE IN AGILE/SCRUM.
- KNOWLEDGE OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY FIELD, BEST PRACTICES, ORGANIZATION, AND OPERATIONS.
- EXPERT WITH MICROSOFT VISIO AND MICROSOFT PROJECT 2013.
- EXPERIENCE MANAGING AN ELECTRONIC BENEFITS TRANSFER (EBT) IMPLEMENTATION PROJECT.
- EXPERIENCE MANAGING A USDA FUNDED PROJECT.
- ABILITY TO ESTABLISH POSITIVE WORKING RELATIONSHIPS WITH TECHNICAL STAFF, CUSTOMERS AND OTHERS INVOLVED IN DATA-CENTRIC MANAGEMENT.
- ABILITY TO INTEGRATE TECHNICAL SYSTEMS WITH AGENCY GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
12 + Months
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 107
Hi! My name is Sushil Singh. Helping consultants with getting their desired job is what makes me feel alive. I build a unique relationship with each of my consultants and work on their profile as per their needs. I believe that my consultants are my assets and this motivates me to serve them in an even better manner. Hence, I work towards the success of every consultant I work with.