Columbia, South Carolina
March 22, 2019
Network Engineer - Advanced
About The Opportunity
This specific Statement of Work is for a contractor that demonstrates an expert knowledge of Microsoft SCCM, GPO administration, Windows Server 2012/2016 and Windows 10.
- This specific Statement of Work is for a contractor that demonstrates an expert knowledge of Microsoft SCCM, GPO administration, Windows Server 2012/2016 and Windows 10. Supported applications involve Internet technologies in Microsoft .Net Framework and related web enabled components. Must know how to script/code and automate administrative tasks. Must effectively research and provide guidance leading to solutions with our strategic direction initiatives, monitoring network infrastructure and security, assisting in supporting disaster recover/failover scenarios. Engineer must be a team player that ensures the stability and integrity of network, data and server services through monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all server and infrastructure systems. This individual has 24/7 on-call responsibilities shared with the group.
- We will look to this individual to document recommendations on improvements along with high level estimates on associated work effort. This individual will need to work with various application and infrastructure groups to understand data requirements for each area of the organization. Design documentation will need to be produced documenting final deployment details along with support procedures as needed. DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Effectively interact and communicate with peer to Director-level IT professionals.
- Provide feedback to team regarding product issues, enhancements and new features.
- Must have initiative, drive and be a self-starter.
- Ability to ask pertinent questions of others.
- Proactively seek to identify, communicate and implement process related improvements.
- Effectively manage multiple tasks and activities concurrently and able to provide periodic status updates to key stakeholders
- Collaborate extensively with peers and management to resolve client issues while actively contributing to a growing knowledge network that improves the effectiveness of our team and the information available to our clients.
- Prioritize numerous issues of varying severity, and effectively manage the resolution of all issues within accepted service levels. This includes ownership of the data entered into the Helpdesk system and appropriately updating both client and appropriate employees of status of all issues on a timely basis.
- Good customer skills, be attentive to detail, and responsive to customer tickets. Technical
- Troubleshoot and recommend technical solutions
- Develop workaround solutions as appropriate.
- Monitor and assess current systems and recommend hardware and software enhancements
- Act as technical resource for other IT analysts and business units by resolving complex computer equipment and systems problems
- Diagnose and resolve problems related to hardware, software, or operator error, and resolve or repair
- Escalate complex problems to other groups, Help Desk, or vendors for resolution or for support under maintenance agreements; oversee vendor work
- Install, configure, test, monitor, and maintain system and application hardware, software, and peripherals for users; install and configure servers in collaboration with WAN group
- Perform equipment and software upgrades
- Lead and execute small projects
- Maintain familiarity with current computer and network products
- Adhere to corporate information security guidelines and promote information security among coworkers
- Qualified candidate will be responsible performing root cause analysis/resolution.
- Mentor and lead junior staff members.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Database Platforms MS System Center - Configuration Manager (SCCM) Yes 1 Advanced 6 + Years
- Miscellaneous Change Management Yes 1 Entry 2 - 4 Years
- Network Security Experience in projects involving PCI/NIST security implementations and/or audits. Yes 1 Intermediate 4 - 6 Years
- Networking & Directories Active Directory Yes 1 Intermediate 1 - 2 Years
- Networking & Directories IT network, virtual environments, Database, and storage Yes 1 Intermediate 1 - 2 Years
- Networking & Directories Local Area Network (LAN) Yes 1 Intermediate 2 - 4 Years
- Networking & Directories Understanding of computer and network operating system fundamentals (e.g. operating systems, applications,
- storage, networking) Yes 1 Advanced 2 - 4 Years
- Networking & Directories user access permissions and role based access controls Yes 1 Entry 2 - 4 Years
- Networking & Directories Virtual LAN (VLAN) Yes 1 Entry 2 - 4 Years
- Networking & Directories Virtualization Yes 1 Entry 2 - 4 Years
- Operating Systems/APIs Windows Server 2012 R2 Yes 1 Entry 2 - 4 Years
- VDI Platform VDI Platform Yes 1 Entry 2 - 4 Years
- STIG HARDENING
- Experience in projects involving Pub1075 regulations, implementations and / or audits
- HYBRID CLOUD ARCHITECTURE
- HYPERCONVERGED INFRASTRUCTURE
- Shell Scripting
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 110
Hi! My name is Mark! As a job matchmaker, I believe that every consultant I work with is unique and try to understand what they are looking for in a new profile. Not only this, but I also try to understand their work background and history to suggest the best opening for them. I build a relationship with all my consultants by keeping them in the loop about any updates during the entire recruitment process.