Columbia, South Carolina
March 22, 2019
PROJECT_MANAGEMENT - Project Manager - Project Lead
About The Opportunity
South Carolina seeks an expert in Project Management and Business Analysis to plan execute, monitor and control one or more agency transformation initiatives all its component work efforts.
- The South Carolina is seeking a consultant to act as Project Manager and Business Analyst to support SC’ planning and implementation of one or more agency transformation initiatives. This will include managing business requirements for Policy, Operations, and Technology Components related to services for members of the South Carolina Medicaid-eligible population. This position will work closely with the Medicaid Director and involve input from the Deputy Directors and various contributing subject matter experts (SMEs). General Duties:
- Collect, document and manage business requirements for planning, policy, operations, and technical functions related to agency transformation projects.
- Develop and manage a project plan and schedule—with detailed work breakdown structure (WBS), resource loading, and budget tracking—using Microsoft Project;
- Works with agency resources to integrate project plan and schedule with related tools (ex., Project Server, PWA, Power BI) for project monitoring and reporting;
- Adjusts project scope, timing, and budgets as needed, based on the needs of the business;
- Communicates with project leadership, SMEs, and other stakeholders about project strategy, progress, changes, risks, and mitigations;
- Takes responsibility for project contributors to complete their project deliverables on time, within budget, and according to strategic and business requirements;
- Tracks project milestones and recommends adjustments, as needed, to project sponsors;
- Possesses extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of Project Management and Business Analysis methodologies and tools; and
- Demonstrates flexibility, responsiveness, and professionalism in a complex and highly dynamic environment with tight deadlines for execution.
- The Project Manager will interact with staff, other team members, all levels of management and internal and external organizations, including vendors performing outsourced work, in the compilation and management of information needed for project plans, portfolio/program plans, metrics, reports and project management documentation.
- Administrative Verbal Communication Skills Yes 1 6 + Years
- Miscellaneous ABILITY TO DEVELOP, COMMUNICATE AND PRESENT PROJECT DOCUMENTATION AND REPORTS Yes 1 Lead Within 2 Years 6 + Years
- Miscellaneous Presentation Skills Yes 1 Lead Within 2 Years 6 + Years
- Program Management Project Management experience Yes 1 Lead Within 2 Years 6 + Years
- Program Management Project Management Professional (PMP) certification Yes 1 Lead Within 2 Years 6 + Years
- 8 years or more in project management skills
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP)
- Project planning experience, including effort estimation on technical tasks and resource allocation
- Experience working with risk management, including risk triggers and managing risks to project plan tasks
- Ability to create and maintain key project management documents and artifacts
- Strong communication, presentation, and coordination skills
- Medicaid or Healthcare Delivery Systems
- Business Analysis experience
- Product Owner/Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or Higher, or in lieu of degree, 10+ years of relevant experience.
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 102
Hi! My name is Shaun. I feel that our shortlisted candidates are the most valuable asset when it comes to recruitment. I make sure that I keep in mind the best interest of the candidate and find him/her a suitable job opening matching his/her profile. Not only this I actively work with each of my candidates and keep them updated about the whole application process.