Clemson, South Carolina
March 26, 2019
CL - IT Healthcare Consultant - Development Tools Administrator - Consultant
About The Opportunity
This project team develops and supports the framework functionality of the State’s Medicaid MMIS system. Clemson University’s Medicaid Information Technology Services (MITS) team develops and operates systems on behalf of the State’s. Clemson’s MITS team will be responsible for the project management and oversight of this project.
- COMPANY / DEPARTMENT CULTURE :
- We are currently hiring to fill a position on an EDI Translator Team and looking for a highly motivated self-driven individual. This senior expert level EDI Translator developer will be responsible for the development, unit and systems testing, implementation, and maintenance of complex EDI Transaction mapping and scripting, as well as providing 2nd and 3rd tier support for the EDI Operations team. The 2nd and 3rd level support includes resubmitting files, explaining X12 compliance errors, and explaining the logic used to format fields in the translator maps. This position requires experience with Healthcare EDI mapping, 5010 X12 healthcare transactions, Visual Basic or similar scripting language, and SQL. Actian’s Data Connect (or Pervasive Data Integrator), IHUB, , C++, mainframe COBOL, JCL, and TSO experience is a plus. This position supports the SC Medicaid Translator System. DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work collaboratively with the Medicaid Services MMIS Team to make technical and design specifications, code, debug, unit test, and integration test coding changes specifically to the SC Medicaid AXIOM Translator Application. Support Quality Assurance staff during QA, User Acceptance, and External Testing by making needed coding changes, processing files, and interpreting test results. Support the EDI Operations team by resubmitting files, explaining X12 compliance errors, and explaining the logic used to format fields in the translator maps. Investigate questions from various users. Monitor production translator servers, output folders, and emails to be aware of any problems. Communicate effectively in both written and spoken communication. Work collaboratively with Clemson staff and other contracted staff. Effectively manage work tickets with Numera Footprints software, which will entail ticket monitoring, reporting status and creating reports for management/clients. Position also requires being oncall for production support of the translator a week at a time on a rotating basis with other members of the team.
- Software Project Lifecycle Management: Effectively implement and utilize modern web-based software industry standards and best practices including an agile/scrum-based methodology, use of integrated development environments, strong emphasis on unit testing and participation in complete software lifecycle from analysis and design through testing and deployment. Assist end-user and business analysts in turning business needs into incremental software development projects and sprints. Serve as a champion for quality software and software development practices.
- Communication: Communicate with a broad mix of stakeholders involved in the information technology system replacement projects including business users, analysts, software engineers, database architects and administrators (DBAs), quality assurance engineers (QA), systems and infrastructure staff, and support staff.
- 2+ years in healthcare EDI
- 5010 X12 healthcare transactions
- Experience Creating and Executing Test Plans
- Visual Basic or similar scripting language
- Soft skills Required: Effective Communication Skills (written and oral), Adaptability, Flexibility, Self-motivation, Problem Solving, Analytical Thinking, Time Management, Ability to work effectively in a stressful environment PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
- Actian Data Connect or Pervasive Data Integrator
- Mainframe COBOL, TSO, JCL, etc.
- EDI mapping experience REQUIRED EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business field required.
- Administrative Problem Solving Skills Yes 1 Advanced Currently Using 2 - 4 Years
- Administrative Verbal Communication Skills Yes 1 Advanced Currently Using 2 - 4 Years
- Administrative Written Communication Skills Yes 1 Advanced Currently Using 2 - 4 Years
- Database Platforms MS SQL Yes 3 Intermediate Within 6 Months 2 - 4 Years
- MMIS - Medicaid Management Informaiton System 5010 X12 HEALTHCARE TRANSACTIONS Yes 2 Intermediate Within 6 Months 2 - 4 Years
- Networking & Directories File Transfer Protocol (FTP) Yes 4 Intermediate Within 6 Months 2 - 4 Years
- Program Management SOFTWARE PROJECT LIFECYCLE MANAGEMENT Yes 6 Intermediate Within 6 Months 2 - 4 Years
- Programming Languages Visual Basic .NET (VB.NET) Yes 5 Intermediate Within 6 Months 2 - 4 Years
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 108
Hi! My name is Harmanpreet Singh. I love to work with people and help them find their dream job. I work with my consultants to understand their niche area of work and look for the best match for them. I feel that keeping in mind the priorities of my consultants help me to serve them better. Additionally, I always keep them posted about new relevant jobs which help me to build a connection with them not only professionally but at a personal level as well.