Columbia, South Carolina
March 27, 2019
CL - Network Architect - Consultant
About The Opportunity
This specific Statement of Work is for a contractor that demonstrates an expert knowledge of Active Directory administration and the designing, implementing and supporting agency environments within a PCI/NIST/PUB1075 environment. Support contractor must demonstrate an expert knowledge of DNS, DHCP, GPO, and Industry Leading PKI components. See Required Skills section for specifics.
- This specific Statement of Work is for a contractor that demonstrates an expert knowledge of Active Directory administration and the designing, implementing and supporting agency environments within a PCI/NIST/PUB1075 environment. Support contractor must demonstrate an expert knowledge of DNS, DHCP, GPO, and Industry Leading PKI components. See Required Skills section for specifics. General duties include managing internal agency Domain Controllers for agency and branch offices, effectively researching and provide guidance leading to solutions with our strategic direction initiatives, monitoring Active Directory infrastructure and security, assisting in supporting disaster recover/failover scenarios.
- This individual will need to work with Active Directory and SCCM group to understand requirements for this area. Under general supervision, the contractor will serve as an engineer reporting directly to a functional manager. Contractor will be a team member that ensures the stability and integrity of data, and server services through monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all server infrastructure. This individual has 24/7 on-call responsibilities shared with the group.
- DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES: Non-Technical
- Effectively interact and communicate with peer to Director-level IT professionals.
- Provide feedback to team regarding product issues, enhancements and new features.
- Must have initiative, drive and be a self-starter.
- Ability to ask pertinent questions of others.
- Proactively seek to identify, communicate and implement process related improvements.
- Effectively manage multiple tasks and activities concurrently and able to provide periodic status updates to key stakeholders
- Collaborate extensively with peers and management to resolve client issues while actively contributing to a growing knowledge network that improves the effectiveness of our team and the information available to our clients.
- Prioritize numerous issues of varying severity, and effectively manage the resolution of all issues within accepted service levels. This includes ownership of the data entered into the Helpdesk system and appropriately updating both client and appropriate employees of status of all issues on a timely basis.
- Good customer skills, be attentive to detail, and responsive to customer tickets. Technical
- Troubleshoot and recommend technical solutions for customer issues related to backup configuration and recovery.
- Develop workaround solutions as appropriate.
- Perform equipment and software upgrades
- Maintain familiarity with current computer and network products
- Adhere to corporate information security guidelines and promote information security among coworkers
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Administrative Organizational Skills Yes 1
- Administrative Verbal Communication Skills Yes 1
- Administrative Written Communication Skills Yes 1
- GPO (Windows Group Policy Object) Administration GPO (Windows Group Policy Object) Administration Yes 1 6 + Years
- Miscellaneous Change Management Yes 1 1 - 2 Years
- Network Security Experience in projects involving PCI/NIST security implementations and/or audits. Yes 1 1 - 2 Years
- Networking & Directories Active Directory Yes 1 6 + Years
- Networking & Directories VPN - virtual private network Yes 1 2 - 4 Years
- Protocols Knowledge of networking protocols, including TCP/IP, HTTP, NTP, DNS, MLLP, NDM Yes 1 6 + Years
- Quality Assurance (QA) Disaster Recovery Yes 1 1 - 2 Years REQUIRED EDUCATION/CERTIFICATIONS:
- A Bachelor\'s degree in information technology systems, computer science, or related field and two (2) years of experience in information technology systems or related area, an Associate\'s degree in information technology systems, computer science, or related field and four (4) years of experience in information technology systems or related area, or a High School diploma and six (6) years of experience in information technology systems or related area. REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
- ACTIVE DIRECTORY MAINTENANCE
- GPO CREATION AND MAINTENANCE
- REMOTE USER VPN MAINTENANCE
- CREATION OF ALL ELEVATED ACCOUNTS AND GROUPS
- CREATION OF MANAGED SERVICE ACCOUNTS
- Knowledge of networking protocols, including TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, MLLP, NDMP, NTP
- Experience in projects involving PCI/ NIST regulations, implementations and / or audits
- Change Management
- Disaster Recovery
- Organizational Skills
- Verbal Communication Skills
- Written Communication Skills PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
- RDP MAINTENANCE
- INITIAL SYSTEM HARDENING OF ALL SERVERS BUILT IN THE SC-DOR NETWORKS.
- DAILY PRODUCTION SUPPORT ISSUES.
- MANAGING WINDOWS 2008/2012/2016 SERVERS
- Experience in projects involving Pub1075 regulations, implementations and / or audits
- HYBRID CLOUD ARCHITECTURE
- Shell Scripting
12 + Months
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 107
Hi! My name is Sushil Singh. Helping consultants with getting their desired job is what makes me feel alive. I build a unique relationship with each of my consultants and work on their profile as per their needs. I believe that my consultants are my assets and this motivates me to serve them in an even better manner. Hence, I work towards the success of every consultant I work with.