Columbia, South Carolina
April 2, 2019
CL - Business Analyst - Advanced
About The Opportunity
The South Carolina has an immediate need for a Business Analyst to assist the Division of Federal Programs, Accountability, and School Improvement with gathering business requirements around its Office of Federal and State Accountability online funding application and planning platform, GEMS. The objectives are:
- The South Carolina has an immediate need for a Business Analyst to assist the Division of Federal Programs, Accountability, and School Improvement with gathering business requirements around its Office of Federal and State Accountability online funding application and planning platform, GEMS. The objectives are:
- To review the functionality of GEMS for both the funding application and planning features;
- Identify duplication in data entry, reporting possibilities and limitations in concert with the platform vendor;
- Identify opportunities for system improvements;
- Solicit feedback from district end-users on system enhancements;
- Solicit feedback from internal offices on funding and planning needs;
- Make recommendations to the Divisional Deputy Superintendent;
- Work with applicable staff, end-users, and Deputy Superintendent in developing a Request for Proposals (RFP), inclusive of internal and external recommendations and functionality needs.
- Write, in concert with applicable staff, technical features for the RFP.
- By July 1, 2019, we want to have these objectives completed and an RFP drafted.
- SC is particularly looking for a Business Analyst that has knowledge and experience with application implementations and/or development of large/enterprise software applications who can work proactively with project team and stakeholders to define the business requirements and test cases/plans for each solution. DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The following are primary activities which the Business Analyst will be expected to perform.
- Developing a solid knowledge of the GEMS platform and its uses for both funding applications and district/school planning.
- Developing working relationship with GEMS vendor to gain a thorough understanding of the system’s potential functionality.
- Identifying data entry fields, duplicate data entry fields, reporting features, limitations, and opportunities.
- Writing up system summary report.
- Facilitating focus group(s) with end-users to solicit feedback on system improvements.
- Facilitating interviews with applicable divisions/offices respective of their needs of the system.
- Reporting internal and external feedback to the Deputy Superintendent.
- Reviewing previous Request for Proposals with applicable staff.
- Rewriting new RFP, inclusive of identified platform needs based upon reviews and feedback, in collaboration with applicable staff.
- Administrative Verbal Communication Skills Yes 2 Advanced Within 6 Months 2 - 4 Years
- Administrative Written Communication Skills Yes 3 Intermediate Within 6 Months 2 - 4 Years
- Database Platforms MS SQL No 5 Entry Within 1 Year 1 Year
- Miscellaneous Analytical Skills Yes 1 Advanced Within 6 Months 4 - 6 Years
- Specialties Business Analysis experience to include data flow diagrams, requirements specifications, use case scenarios, and acceptance testing. Yes 1 Advanced Within 6 Months 4 - 6 Years
- Specialties Technical writing experience on similar sized projects. Yes 3 Intermediate Within 6 Months 1 - 2 Years
- Specialties Application Development No 4 Intermediate Within 6 Months 1 - 2 Year REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
- ANALYTICAL/LOGICAL THINKING
- VERBAL AND WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS
- BUSINESS REQUIREMENTS GATHERING
- TECHNICAL WRITING
- TESTING PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
- MS SQL
- SOFTWARE APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT PROJECTS
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 105
Hi! My name is Drake. I love to help our placed consultants when they face any problem. Not only this, I work with consultants who have applied for any job with us and introduced them to our company culture. Additionally, I make sure that I do telephonic follow-ups with all the consultants working with us and let them know about the current status of their applications. I also make sure that our consultants are happy with the results.