April 4, 2019
Senior Cognos BI Developer
About The Opportunity
- Support a business intelligence environment using Cognos & other IBM products
- Troubleshooting of report issues and performance issues that are critical
- Work with DBAs, report authors and system administrators to track down and improve or eliminate bottlenecks in the BI reporting & ETL environment
- To design, build & deliver BI solutions using Cognos Anlaytics 11.x
- Provide technical support to Cognos power users.
- 5-7 years of Cognos BI experience.
- Strong understanding of Data warehouse and business intelligence concepts and best practices processes.
- Experience with administration, deployment and security setups within Cognos.
- Strong experience in creating Framework models with different layers.
- Strong experience with Report development.
- Experience creating Dashboards in Cognos Analytics.
- Experience and Proficiency in writing Oracle SQL queries.
- Experience with Cognos report performance tuning.
- Good understanding of Java scripts usage in Cognos.
- Strong experience in creating OLAP Cubes using Cognos Transformer.
- Must have excellent analytical, conceptual, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communications skills, able to work effectively with business users to understand and clarify requirements as well as educate and resolve end user reporting issues.
- Some knowledge of Oracle DB Administration Education Requirement
- Bachelor\'s Degree or higher in Computer Science or closely related discipline Required Qualifications
- Cognos Analytics 11.x, Framework Manager, Event Studio, Oracle 12c, Relational, OLAP, Star Schema, Multi-dimensional database models. Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with ETL tools like DataStage is a plus.
- Experience with Tableau
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 110
Hi! My name is Mark! As a job matchmaker, I believe that every consultant I work with is unique and try to understand what they are looking for in a new profile. Not only this, but I also try to understand their work background and history to suggest the best opening for them. I build a relationship with all my consultants by keeping them in the loop about any updates during the entire recruitment process.