Des Moines, Iowa
April 5, 2019
TS1 - Agile Analyst
About The Opportunity
TS1 Agile Business Analyst: The State of Iowa is looking for a passionate Agile Business Analyst to join an existing team. *** IN-PERSON INTERVIEWS ONLY***
- *** IN-PERSON INTERVIEWS ONLY*** We will not schedule final webcam or phone interviews . Please ONLY SUBMIT CANDIDATES who has COMMITTED to ATTEND an IN-PERSON FINAL INTERVIEW if selected
- The State of Iowa is looking for a passionate Agile Business Analyst to join an existing team. In this position, you will be the sole BA for several projects developing new web applications for both internal and external users. The Agile Business Analyst will act as the product champion and will need to evangelize the product vision effectively to their team and to stakeholders. In this role, you will translate business strategies into product strategies, story mapping, road-maps, minimum viable releases, epics, and user stories.
- The project’s application is being written in .NET/SQL Server environment. Experience working on projects with these technologies, as well as the fundamentals of the iterative/agile methodology, are highly desired. Responsibilities will include:
- Develop and write user stories that directly support the primary objective of the business and are appropriate size for iterative development.
- Facilitate regular meetings with project team, sponsors, and stakeholders. Solicit stakeholder feedback to validate priorities and manage expectations.
- Design wireframes for business partners and clients.
- Participate in the QA process by developing clear, specific, and testable acceptance criteria.
- Partner with Product Owner to ensure a healthy backlog and maintain an emphasis on user experience and specifications.
- Manage backlog by creating a prioritized list, product backlog, and assists the team in breaking down the pieces into smaller, more manageable pieces and build it incrementally.
- Collaborate with the team on Sprint Planning and assist with planning to accomplish items from backlog.
- At the end of the Sprint, participate with team in review of the product and a retrospective
- Provide metrics to team and stakeholder to bring visibility on progress.
- Participate in daily standup meetings, planning meetings, reviews, and retrospectives. Further job requirements:
- Understand other processes and methodologies and can speak intelligently about them and leverage other techniques to provide value to team as well as the enterprise
- Understand basic fundamentals of software development processes and procedures
- Understand the value of commitments to delivery made by a development team
- Understand backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, and task definition
- Technical understanding of infrastructure components, their dependencies, and interactions between servers, virtual systems, networks, databases, web applications, etc
- Ability to proactively participate in customer engagements, follow direction from lead technicians, work with customers, and participate in technical planning
- Possess strong communication and facilitation skills
- Experience as an Agile Business Analyst; strong understanding of Scrum concepts and methodology Required 3 Years
- Demonstrated experience translating client and product strategy requirements into application requirements and user stories Required 3 Years
- Defining acceptance criteria and managing acceptance process with development Required 3 Years
- Developing and managing the product backlog Required 3 Years
- Working on web application projects using .Net Required 3 Years
- Acting as primary point of contact for the business partner and clients Required 2 Years
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 102
Hi! My name is Shaun. I feel that our shortlisted candidates are the most valuable asset when it comes to recruitment. I make sure that I keep in mind the best interest of the candidate and find him/her a suitable job opening matching his/her profile. Not only this I actively work with each of my candidates and keep them updated about the whole application process.