Charlotte, North Carolina
April 8, 2019
ETL Developer Lead
About The Opportunity
As a member of the Enterprise Data integration team, the resource will be responsible for the delivery of all Data Integration/ETL artifacts from the requirements gathering, design to the delivery phase.
- As a member of the Enterprise Data integration team, the resource will be responsible for the delivery of all Data Integration/ETL artifacts from the requirements gathering, design to the delivery phase.
- Resource is responsible for managing individual delivery tasks for the developers on the team.
- The resource will be 100% accountable for the quality (application and adoption of best practices and industry standards) of all ETL code within their control.
- Resource will be an active partner working with vendors and Off-shore based delivery models. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Active participant at a Technical Lead capacity in End user Interaction, Business Analysis, Development, Integration, Documentation, Testing, Deployment, Configuration and Production/Customer support, Maintenance and Enhancements of Data Integration applications.
- Provide solutions Extracting, Cleansing, Validating and Integrating of data from multiple systems.
- Hands on participation in Transforming Business specific rules into functional Specs and Technical design specifications.
- Work with the Data Integration Architect to create ETL standards, High Level and Low-level design documents
- Work with Data Analyst to develop Data Mapping documents and process impact analysis documents
- Designing Data Integration components leveraging Parallel, Server Jobs, Job Sequencers and Batch Jobs in DataStage along with Unix/Shell scripting
- Integration of various traditional RDBMS data sources like TeraData, DB2UDB, SQL Server, Oracle, Sybase etc and non-traditional like csv, xml etc
- Support and Mentor other DI Delivery teams at an SME capacity on ETL coding and Performance tuning
- Conduct code review sessions and ensure quality code delivery
- Lead roles on cross-functional teams, internal peer groups, and external IT groups or IT standard-setting bodies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with good organizational, analytical and logical skills
- Ability to interact professionally with customers, business analysts, managers, and subject matter experts
- Experience with enterprise-wide requirements definition and management systems and methodologies
- Good Domain Knowledge in Finance and Banking Data
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and to work independently as well as in a team, experienced in interacting with Business/Technology group
- Strong Knowledge of Data Warehouse Architecture, Data Modeling concepts, and Data Integration methodologies to ensure quality solution delivery
- Gaining approval and communication of technology architecture solutions and directions
- Ability to understand and develop process flows using visio
- Work with developers and analysts to realize DI solutions using scheduling tools like Autosys/CA-7
- Ability to understand and provide inputs in Logical and Physical modeling activities
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of a bachelor of science in Computer Science, CIS/MIS or equivalent degree from an accredited four year institution
- Minimum 10-12 years of experience in implementing Data Integration solutions and Data Warehouse applications using ETL tools such as DataStage, Informatica
- Minimum of 8 years ETL Development experience using DataStage, Informatica is must
- Minimum 8 years of SQL experience including the use of SQL with systems utilizing a relationalDBMS such as Teradata, SQL Server, Oracle, or Informix is required
- Experience developing Data mapping and Analysis documents and process documents is required
- Experience with scheduling tools to understand the process flows across DI platform is a must
- Working knowledge of ANSI EDI standards and a variety of data file formats and structures including COBOL, XML etc is required
- Working knowledge of data file transfer techniques including FTP, SFTP, WMQFTE etc is preferred
- Must be able to perform in a fast paced environment and oriented to meeting project deadlines
- Must manage time well and keep up with simultaneous tasks, projects, and assignments
- Ability to understand reporting tools and capabilities is preferred
- (ETL and teradata and datastage and hadoop)
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 102
Hi! My name is Shaun. I feel that our shortlisted candidates are the most valuable asset when it comes to recruitment. I make sure that I keep in mind the best interest of the candidate and find him/her a suitable job opening matching his/her profile. Not only this I actively work with each of my candidates and keep them updated about the whole application process.