April 9, 2019
Software Test Analyst 3
About The Opportunity
Develops, publishes, and implements test plans. Writes and maintains test automation. Evaluates, recommends, and implements automated test tools and strategies.
- Develops, publishes, and implements test plans. Writes and maintains test automation. Evaluates, recommends, and implements automated test tools and strategies.
- The person in this role will work closely with business users and the internal and external project teams to analyze business requirements to create project test scenarios and provide feedback on the actual system implementation of the business logic. You will create test plans, test cases, and will participate in user acceptance testing to ensure that the highest quality products are released to production. These are for multiple, concurrent projects. Some are in the maintenance phase, and some are new development. Projected tasks are:
- Design, document and execute test procedures
- Conduct test entry reviews and record and document test results
- Manage all aspects of User Acceptance Testing
- Participate in business requirements documentation reviews to extract test scenarios
- Ensure that testing activities allow applications to meet:
- business requirements and systems goals
- fulfill end-user requirements
- identify existing or potential issues.
- Work closely with the Projects Group to replicate customer issues and application use cases
- Projects may include: Health and Nutrition Services
- The project is to build a dashboard, which interacts with multiple disparate systems, to improve the user experience for consumers of the Michigan Child Nutrition web applications. The first phase of this project will be released into production in June 2019, and then will begin on the second phase to build out additional functionality. This project will have 3 .NET developers. Michigan Teacher Certification
- This position will be part of an agile team that supports the web applications for the Michigan, Office of Educator Support Services (OESS). The business process supports the state’s educator certification process. This project will have 6 .NET developers. Details about this business process can be found at: Michigan.gov/OPPS
- Evaluates and tests new or modified software programs and software development procedures used to verify that programs function according to user requirements and conform to establishment guidelines: Writes, revises, and verifies quality standards and test procedures for program design and product evaluation to attain quality of software economically and efficiently. Reviews new or modified program, including documentation, diagram, and flow chart, to determine if program will perform according to user request and conform to guidelines. Recommends program improvements or corrections to programmers. Reviews computer operating log to identify program processing errors. Enters instructions into computer to test program for validity of results, accuracy, reliability, and conformance to establishment standards. Observes computer monitor screen during program test to detect error codes or interruption of program and corrects errors. Identifies differences between establishment standards and user applications and suggests modifications to conform to standards. Sets up tests at request of user to locate and correct program operating error following installation of program. Conducts compatibility tests with vendor-provided programs. Monitors program performance after implementation to prevent reoccurrence of program operating problems and ensure efficiency of operation. Writes documentation to describe program evaluation, testing, and correction. May evaluate proposed software or software enhancement for feasibility. May develop utility program to test, track, and verify defects in software program. May write programs to create new procedures or modify existing procedures. May train software program users.
- Develops, publishes, and implements test plans. Writes and maintains test automation. Evaluates, recommends, and implements automated test tools and strategies. Develops, maintains, and upgrades automated test scripts and architectures for application products. Also writes, implements, and reports status for system test cases for testing. Analyzes test cases and provides regular progress reports. Participates in the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing and certification of software.
- Minimum 6 years direct experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of quality assurance standards for software testing.
- Minimum 6 years direct experience as a lead tester for major application integration and/or major application product release.
- Minimum 6 years experience with core software applications, including Microsoft web and client/server applications.
- Minimum 6 years direct hands-on experience with ad hoc query programs (Microsoft SQL Server required), reporting software, spreadsheets, graphs, and flow charts.
- Strong knowledge of system testing best practices and methodologies. Required 6 Years
- Ability to communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information to project stakeholders and management. Required 6 Years
- Data analysis, data verification, and problem-solving abilities. Required 6 Years
- Microsoft SQL Server Required 5 Years
- Proficiency with all MS Office applications Required 3 Years
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server Highly desired 2 Years
- Strong facilitation, written and communication skills. Highly desired 2 Years
- Proficiency with MS Visio Highly desired 2 Years
- Knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle and related methodologies (e.g. CMMI, Agile, or other similar industry standards) Highly desired 1 Years
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 110
Hi! My name is Mark! As a job matchmaker, I believe that every consultant I work with is unique and try to understand what they are looking for in a new profile. Not only this, but I also try to understand their work background and history to suggest the best opening for them. I build a relationship with all my consultants by keeping them in the loop about any updates during the entire recruitment process.