Pompano Beach, Florida
April 9, 2019
Manufacturing Production Engineer
About The Opportunity
Manufacturing Senior Engineer
- Designs, develops, tests, and evaluates new and existing manufacturing systems for industrial production processes of limited or moderate complexity and scope, including human work factors, material flow, cost analysis, and process optimization in both production and packaging operations, as well as Formulations Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans, schedules and performs moderately complex engineering projects to evaluate, select, and adapt or modify standard manufacturing techniques, procedures, and criteria to increase the efficiency of plant operations or enhance quality/compliance of product.
- Develops manufacturing methods, labor utilization standards, and cost analysis systems to promote efficient staff and facility utilization.
- Studies operations sequence, material flow, functional statements, organization charts, and project information to determine worker functions and responsibilities.
- Formulates complex sampling procedures and designs special forms and instructions for nonstandard recording, evaluating, and reporting.
- Applies advanced statistical methods and performs mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing processes, staff requirements, and production standards.
- Applies verbal and written communication skills in periodic and special reports and presentations both internally and with customers.
- Performs analytical problem solving and utilizes structured decision making skills.
- Performs design reviews and pre-validation assessments to ensure a safe and environmentally sound startup of new processes.
- Conducts moderately complex projects where analysis of situation requires a thorough and robust knowledge of various identifiable engineering methods and factors.
- Ensures the accurate recording of data, according to defined engineering practices and policies for the making of decisions as well as documentation of engineering specifications.
- Provides solutions to various technical problems of a moderate to complex nature.
- Develops and selects appropriate methods, tests, and procedures on projects of moderate to complex scope within a defined set of scientific practices and policies.
- Ensures quality conduct of projects including defining, documenting analyzing, performing, and interpreting data to ensure processes adhere to applicable regulations.
- Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives or the assignment methods and in selecting techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining resolution.
- Guides the successful completion of projects and may function in a project leadership role. Required Competencies
- Complies with OCD policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates effective and sound engineering principles and practices.
- Ability to demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills.
- Effectively transfers technical information and knowledge to others.
- Utilizes effective project management skills to implement, lead, or manage projects.
- Uses appropriate business systems and tools to accomplish business objectives: Ariba, Lean, Maximo, EDGE2, Peach Tree.
- Microsoft: Word, Excel, Project, Visio, Powerpoint
- Knowledge of Quality Information Systems (Trackwise, OTIS, Customer/Failure Investigations, cGMP’s, QSR\'s).
- Leads or manages all elements of the change process when implementing business processes or technology.
- Able to complete effective Validations with a moderate to complex scope.
- Understands and applies the PEx principles and Lean practices to improve organizational effectiveness.
- Leads the solution of broad process level issues with effective and enduring improvements to address root cause.
- Able to influence others by asserting personal ideas and opinions without insult.
- Able to work effectively in teams.
- Applies knowledge of the OCD Business processes to establish and monitor budgets and other financial processes.
- Demonstrates effective leadership skills.
- Demonstrates and applies knowledge of the Environmental, Health, and Safety requirements.
- Works to keep updated on industry trends.
- University/Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- 6-10 Years Relevant Experience
- Green Belt Certified.
- Black Belt Certified
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 107
Hi! My name is Sushil Singh. Helping consultants with getting their desired job is what makes me feel alive. I build a unique relationship with each of my consultants and work on their profile as per their needs. I believe that my consultants are my assets and this motivates me to serve them in an even better manner. Hence, I work towards the success of every consultant I work with.