Raleigh, North Carolina
April 11, 2019
Sr Project Manager
About The Opportunity
The NC is a senior project manager to manage the procurement and implementation of a Statewide IT project.
- The NC is a senior project manager to manage the implementation of a statewide IT project. This lead project management role will work with the selected vendor to complete implementation of the system. This position will be responsible for working with senior-level business executives, IT personnel, and business program resources to execute project requirements and manage stakeholder expectations. This position will manage the day to day activities for the project and complete all input to the State Project Management (Touchdown) system. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Developing detailed project schedule, budget and monitoring expenditures
- Developing and maintaining all required project management artifacts following PMBOK guidelines
- Supervising implementation activities, ensuring that project plans and schedules are established and maintained, ensuring that deliverables are completed timely and accurately
- Establishing project governance, conducting formal presentations, coordinating with all project stakeholders and ensure that appropriate project controls are instituted
- Serving as an IT management liaison to the business client
- Working with business stakeholders to develop necessary project management, rollout and training plans
- Working with the technical team to ensure technical readiness during implementation
- Working with vendors to manage contract deliverables, oversee all vendor activities to ensure that all the milestones are met
- The selected candidate must be a results-oriented individual with a very strong work ethic and must be able to demonstrate excellent IT Project Management, negotiation, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Capable of leading effective project meetings that are tailored to the audience
- Ability to create simple to complex project plans, timelines and work breakdown structures using project management tools.
- Ability to write and present effective project materials, including presentations and status reports
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of staff, clients and other IT personnel.
- Ability to effectively identify and resolve system or business process/project issues.
- Ability to build, influence, lead and motivate effective teams towards end results.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including development of project
- Project management experience, preferably with large, complex automation implementation efforts involving vendor managment Required 7 Years
- Demonstrated Project Management experience on system deployments with multiple clients Required 7 Years
- Proven track record of delivering IT projects within budget, scope and schedule. Required 7 Years
- Objective decision-making ability based on strategic objectives priority, business performance analysis and resource availability Required
- Hands on experience managing project risk, cost, schedule, quality, testing, and communications. Required 7 Years
- Strong supervision, organizational, interpersonal and time management skills. Required
- Demonstrated presentation, training skills, oral and written communication skills. Required
- Solid work experience with project management tools (e.g. Microsoft Project) Required 7 Years
- Experience with MS Office Required 7 Years
- PMI certification Project Management Professional (PMP) Highly desired
- State Government experience Highly desired
- Experience managing implementation of a statewide IT project Highly desired
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 108
Hi! My name is Harmanpreet Singh. I love to work with people and help them find their dream job. I work with my consultants to understand their niche area of work and look for the best match for them. I feel that keeping in mind the priorities of my consultants help me to serve them better. Additionally, I always keep them posted about new relevant jobs which help me to build a connection with them not only professionally but at a personal level as well.