April 11, 2019
Technical Writer 3
About The Opportunity
- Responsible for researching, documenting, and developing detailed processes and procedures for internal and cross-departmental tasks. Years of Experience:
- 8 or more years of experience in the field.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, independently performs a variety of complicated tasks, a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Develops and maintains process documentation and technical project documentations for Agency Services. Understands the user’s view of the processes and can put procedures in a logical sequence. Independently support multiple projects and processes through researching and writing deliverables and documentation. Independently coordinates and supports all aspects of assigned documentation from development to delivery. Networks with and leads discussions with Subject Matter Experts, business analysts, developers, project managers, etc. to support projects and processes. Proactively seeks project teams and technical staff’s feedback and proposes enhancements to documentation based on feedback.
- Independently identifies and proposes new documentation based on gaps or process enhancements. Independently identifies existing document and deliverable updates and communicates changes to the team to ensure all deliverables and documentation is updated accordingly. Takes ownership of documentation as needed and understands the big picture and relationship between documentation, written deliverables and the success of the project. Sets up weekly status meetings to answer questions and obtain status updates for projects. Follows-up with manager on status and communicates any roadblocks, issues, knowledge gaps, and success stories. Proactively identifies and proposes new writer projects and project schedule to the Agency Services leadership and follows through with the Manager.
- Develops on-line source documentation as appropriate. Maintains documentation libraries and subscription lists. Identify, create, revise, and maintain documentation and templates. Ensures appropriate control access/use of documentation materials. Maintains application and user documentation. Ensures messages and terminology is consistent across all written materials. Researches and completes documentation requests. Communicates accurate and useful status updates. Manage and report time spent on all work activities. Follow quality standards. Ability to work in a team environment. Strong communication skills; both written and spoken.
- May oversee the writing, editing, publishing, and distribution of specification documents. May review various resources and prepare analyses or summaries. May train others. Experience in technical writing or communications work. Knowledge of the techniques and methods of planning, organizing, and writing various types of materials; of departmental policies, procedures, and regulations. Skill in the use of office equipment. Ability to conduct research; to compose, review, illustrate, and edit technical documents, materials, and reports; to communicate effectively.
- Experience in writing, proof-reading, editing, compiling and publishing technical documentation Required 8 Years
- Associate degree in Engineering, Technology, Business, Communications, or related field Required
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point Required 8 Years
- Experience maintaining SharePoint document library Required 4 Years
- Proficient in developing and maintaining documentation standards, including style guides, templates, and style sheets Required 4 Years
- Strong and consistent attention to detail Required 8 Years
- Comprehensive written and verbal communication, interpersonal, presentation, analytical, organization, follow-up, and project management skills. Required 8 Years
- Strong prioritization skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines Required 8 Years
Experience in writing and delivering software documentation Highly desired 4 Years
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 110
Hi! My name is Mark! As a job matchmaker, I believe that every consultant I work with is unique and try to understand what they are looking for in a new profile. Not only this, but I also try to understand their work background and history to suggest the best opening for them. I build a relationship with all my consultants by keeping them in the loop about any updates during the entire recruitment process.