Columbia, South Carolina
April 15, 2019
CL - GIS Analyst - Advanced
About The Opportunity
- Ongoing base map production/update reflecting continuous changes in SC transportation system and other GIS features used in map production and GIS analysis. Development of hardcopy, digital, and interactive maps, software testing, project driven research and proposition of better practices in everyday work flow and update of the procedure manuals and instructions as needed. DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Produce digital/hard copy and interactive maps in advanced GIS/Mapping applications
- Perform GIS data collection, maintenance and analysis
- Update database tables to reflect changes to the GIS features used in GIS analysis and in mapping.
- Perform quality control on the new and existing data to maintain correctness and spatial accuracy standards
- Assist in the development and maintenance of procedure manuals
- Completes software research and testing as assigned by the manager
- Performs related tasks as assigned by the manager
- It is expected that the candidate works 40 hour 5 day week in the SC Columbia, South Carolina Headquarters Building between 7 am and 6 pm with a half hour to an hour lunch between 11 am and 2 pm on the days the Department is open for business.
- REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE): KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE WORKING WITH GIS/MAPPING APPLICATIONS, AND THE TOOLS NECESSARY FOR DATA COLLECTION, MAINTENANCE AND ANALYSIS. GOOD KNOWLEDGE OF CARTOGRAPHIC STANDARDS. DATABASE MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE. ABILITY TO WORK INDEPENDENTLY AND AS A PART OF A TEAM. CRITICAL THINKING, EXPERIENCE RESEARCHING AND RECOMMENDING BEST STRATEGIES AND PRACTICES.MICROSOFT OFFICE.
- REQUIRED EDUCATION/CERTIFICATIONS: BACHELOR’S DEGREE IN GIS OR RELATED FIELDS AND 3-5 YEARS OF GIS WORK EXPERIENCE; OR 7-9 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE WORKING WITH SPATIAL/GEOGRAPHIC DATA MAINTENANCE AND ANALYSIS OR ANOTHER EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE.
- PREFERRED EDUCATION/CERTIFICATIONS: BACHELOR DEGREE IN GEOGRAPHY/GIS OR RELATED FIELD. GISP CERTIFICATION
- Miscellaneous GIS Mapping Yes 1 Advanced Currently Using 1 - 2 Years
- Miscellaneous GEO Media No 1 Entry Currently Using 1 - 2 Years
- Packaged Applications ARCGIS No 1 Entry Currently Using 1 - 2 Years
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 107
Hi! My name is Sushil Singh. Helping consultants with getting their desired job is what makes me feel alive. I build a unique relationship with each of my consultants and work on their profile as per their needs. I believe that my consultants are my assets and this motivates me to serve them in an even better manner. Hence, I work towards the success of every consultant I work with.