Columbia, South Carolina
April 15, 2019
CL - Business Analyst - Project Lead
About The Opportunity
Candidates are expected to work primarily onsite for the duration of the engagement. Remote work will be approved based upon the manager\'s discretion.
- Candidates are expected to work primarily onsite for the duration of the engagement. Remote work will be approved based upon the manager\'s discretion. Up to 25% offsite work per week is possible depending on workload, required meeting attendance, and the quality and timeliness of the work product. We will give preference to candidates with the ability to be onsite within 4 hours during standard business hours.
- Resumes should be the work and words of the candidate in order to accurately reflect the candidate\'s written communication skills.
- Candidates with resumes over 5 letter-sized pages will be considered after all other candidates, if at all. Shorter resumes which are tailored to show how the candidate\'s experience directly maps to our needs will result in a greater chance of an interview.
- POSITION TITLE: BUSINESS ANALYST - PROJECT LEAD (SOLUTION DELIVERY ANALYST) SCOPE OF THE PROJECT:
- SC is seeking an expert Solution Delivery Analyst to work directly with the ITO leadership team to ensure the successful completion and ongoing maturation of complex solution architectures in accordance with the Deputy CIO’s vision for the integration of all agency systems of record into a coherent system of systems. DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Solution Delivery Analyst will serve as a liaison between Deputy CIO, the Information Technology Operations (ITO) team, and business stakeholders throughout the agency to facilitate clear articulation and delivery of solutions to support business process needs.
- The Solution Delivery Analyst will work with various internal teams including Agency Leadership, Project Directors/Project Managers, Technical Directors/Developers, Business and Technology Stakeholders/Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and other Agency staff to gather and generate artifacts needed to support additions or changes.
- We are looking for candidates who are highly organized, can work independently in a fast-paced environment and produce multiple quality deliverables with varying deadlines. Candidates should be self-starters and creative problem solvers and have the flexibility to learn new products and technologies quickly. Essential Responsibilities
- Work alongside appropriate staff, teams, stakeholders and other points of contact (POCs) as required, to understand the goals and objectives of complex information systems
- Participate in design level discussions to provide recommendations on document and artifact deliverables based upon administrative, technical and management aspects of the agency IT transformation initiative, including realization of the Medicaid Enterprise System (MES) and constituent components
- Work with technical staff and business stakeholders to create deliverables and artifacts that are intended for audiences of varying levels of technical knowledge
- Serve as a SME and/or Point of Contact for developing and managing processes related to a robust System Development Lifecycle (SDLC) Program Experience:
- Current experience with South Carolina Medicaid, Social Services, or similar public benefit programs is strongly desired and will be given the highest weight. Experience must include well documented success in the performance of processes and procedures supportive of a secure, compliant enterprise architecture.
- Experience with development and management of Risk Management Framework tasks and artifacts, as related to the SDLC is ideal.
- Experience with multi-tenant environments, cloud services and vendor interface management would be considered desirable for this position. Technical Knowledge:
- Experience with documentation and artifacts related to any or all the following technologies would be considered a desirable for this position:
- Medicaid Management Information Systems (or other Health Information Technologies)
- Network Design and System Architecture
- IBM System 390/zSeries
- Linux, and Windows servers
- Virtualization technologies, (Server, Storage, Network)
- Cloud knowledgeable General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist (and often lead) in the design, development, implementation and/or ongoing maturation of SC systems, processes, and/ or artifacts
- Participate in assessment of internal agency systems as well as business partner/service provider information systems
- Utilize Microsoft Office software suite, eGRC system, Bizagi, Atlassian and other products to document and report on information gathered OIM efforts
- Collaborate with agency leadership, business partners and other parties/stakeholders to provide recommendations on business and technical architecture as well as participate in the development of ITO processes such as Incident Management, Problem Management, Service Level Management, Change
- Management, Service Asset and Configuration Management, Service Catalog Management, and Service Continuity Management.
- 5+ years coordinating complex business and technical architecture projects
- Ability to develop process flow diagrams, flowcharts, swimlane diagrams, and other graphical aids to document current and proposed workflows and processes
- 5+ years of experience in the authoring and management of technical documents and artifacts
- Experience with project management of large enterprise level projects with proven implementation success PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
- Prior experience in working with MS SharePoint, Project Web App, Jira, Confluence and eGRC systems.
- Prior Health Information Technology and/or Program experience. REQUIRED EDUCATION/CERTIFICATIONS:
- College Degree required. Preference will be given to, in no particular order:
- BS degree in Business, Computer Science or similar discipline.
- BA or BS degree in Public Administration, Public Health or Public Policy PREFERRED EDUCATION/CERTIFICATIONS:
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Cloud cloud platforms / environments No 1 Intermediate Currently Using 4 - 6 Years
- Education BA Degree- Technical, Business, or Healthcare field Yes 1 Lead Currently Using 4 - 6 Years
- Education Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS) experience No 1 Intermediate Within 6 Months 4 - 6 Years
- Miscellaneous Ability to analyze and document, business and system processes using various methods and tools. Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 4 - 6 Years
- Miscellaneous ABILITY TO DEVELOP, COMMUNICATE AND PRESENT PROJECT DOCUMENTATION AND REPORTS Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 4 - 6 Years
- Miscellaneous experience in government IT projects as a business analyst or related duties No 1 Advanced Within 6 Months 2 - 4 Years
- Networking & Directories Experience with UNIX, Windows, Linux, MacOS, Cisco, Juniper, web apps, databases, strong authentication, operating systems and network security protocols and procedures. No 1 Intermediate Within 6 Months 4 - 6 Years
- Networking & Directories Virtualization No 1 Intermediate Currently Using 4 - 6 Years
- Operating Systems/APIs IBM z-Series mainframe No 1 Intermediate Within 6 Months 4 - 6 Years
- Packaged Applications Atlassian product suite No 1 Intermediate Within 6 Months 2 - 4 Years
- Program Management EXPERIENCE WITH PROJECT MANAGEMENT OF LARGE ENTERPRISE LEVEL PROJECTS WITH PROVEN IMPLEMENTATION SUCCESS Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 4 - 6 Years
- Program Management Project Management Professional (PMP) certification No 1 Lead Currently Using 4 - 6 Years
- Software Framwork BizAgi No 1 Intermediate Within 6 Months 2 - 4 Years
- Software Framwork JIRA framework No 1 Intermediate Within 6 Months 2 - 4 Years
- Specialties ABILITY TO DEVELOP PROCESS FLOW DIAGRAMS, FLOWCHARTS, SWIMLANE DIAGRAMS, AND OTHER GRAPHICAL AIDS TO DOCUMENT CURRENT AND PROPOSED WORKFLOWS AND PROCESSES Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 4 - 6 Years
- Specialties eGRC solutions No 1 Intermediate Within 6 Months 2 - 4 Years
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 110
Hi! My name is Mark! As a job matchmaker, I believe that every consultant I work with is unique and try to understand what they are looking for in a new profile. Not only this, but I also try to understand their work background and history to suggest the best opening for them. I build a relationship with all my consultants by keeping them in the loop about any updates during the entire recruitment process.