Des Moines, Iowa
April 19, 2019
Java/Java EE Developer - SDP 6
About The Opportunity
Iowa is a state agency committed to providing employment services for individual job seekers. The IT department of develops and maintains applications that serve our customers.
- Iowa is a state agency committed to providing employment services for individual job seekers. The IT department of develops and maintains applications that serve our customers. We are looking for a Java Developer with experience in building high-performing, scalable, enterprise-grade applications. The individual will be part of a talented software team that works on mission-critical applications using Agile methodologies.
- The project is to modernize Tax system. The web component of Tax system is built on Struts/JSP/iBatis frameworks. The batch components are built on home grown scheduling mechanism. Our goal is to rebuild these components in current industry leading frameworks. On a daily basis, the team will be analyzing and refactoring existing software components to migrate them to the new framework. This would benefit both the staff and end-users of the agency while positioning the agency for future technological improvements. Responsibilities:
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Develop Java/Java EE application while providing expertise from concept and design to testing
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications and follows best practices
- Prepare and produce releases of software components
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Proven hands-on full stack software development experience
- Proven working experience in Java development
- Hands on experience in designing and developing applications using Java EE platforms
- Object oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (OpenJPA, Hibernate)
- Experience in the Spring Frameworks like Spring Batch, Spring Boot
- Experience in developing batch jobs using Quartz framework
- Experience in developing web applications using at least one popular web framework (JSF, Spring MVC)
- Experience in developing and consuming SOAP and RESTful web services utilizing XML and/or JSON with binding libraries like JAXB, Jackson, Gson, etc.
- Java/JEE Required 6 Years
- SOAP and REST webservices Required 6 Years
- Quartz Required 4 Years
- Spring Batch Required 4 Years
- Spring Boot Required 2 Years
- Spring MVC, JSF Required 6 Years
- SQL, Stored Proc Required 6 Years
- OpenJPA, Hibernate Required 6 Years
- XML Technologies - XSD, JAXB Required 6 Years
- JSON Required 4 Years
- JUnit, TestNG Required 6 Years
- Mockito, Cucumber Nice to have 4 Years
- HTML, JSP, CSS Required 6 Years
- Maven Required 6 Years
- SVN Required 6 Years
12 + Months
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 102
Hi! My name is Shaun. I feel that our shortlisted candidates are the most valuable asset when it comes to recruitment. I make sure that I keep in mind the best interest of the candidate and find him/her a suitable job opening matching his/her profile. Not only this I actively work with each of my candidates and keep them updated about the whole application process.