Columbia, South Carolina
April 19, 2019
Business Analyst - Consultant
About The Opportunity
Participate in a team comprised and solution implementation staff to analyze current infrastructure and systems to understand operational requirements, function and process. Assist team in documenting future state of migrated systems as outlines for migration plans. Work with team members to ensure efficient design and optimal operational effectiveness of final infrastructure target.
- Develop Business Processes including business work flows and the necessary roles/responsibilities for the ongoing operational structure to support the data center migration and the daily operations of our data center.
- Work directly with IT to determine and document systems interactions, workflows and interdependencies within the current and future agency technology infrastructure.
- Interview agency staff to understand and document how current work flow affects data within various systems.
- Identifying current state, analyze current state, and produce documentation regarding current and future state.
- Serve as liaison between Data Architects and stake holders, delivering technical analysis for basis of defining system and infrastructure documentation.
- Assist with development of policies and procedures to conform and comply with agency standard cyber security policy design related to information risk management, designation of data as to criticality, confidentiality, and protection. (NIST 800-53, FISMA, SC InfoSec Requirements The position promotes agency initiatives and adheres to Information Technology application development and infrastructure standards to support business operations. This will also include implementation of new security policy/procedures as well as integrating systems when possible to streamline staff workflows, user security, and data correction.
- The position will be utilized for 40 hours per week for the duration of this project. The selected candidate should be able to work flexible hours where it may be necessary for work to be completed outside traditional business hours.
- The candidate will work closely with the Assigned Section Manager to identify, prioritize, and schedule workload and implementation to IT standards and procedures. The candidate will work closely with customer and subject matter experts for the system design and testing.
- This will also include compliance to SC security policy/procedures as well as integrating systems when possible to streamline staff workflows, user security, and data correction. Module support of the project:
- SC will require that selected personnel sign the confidentially agreement and/or Business Associate (BA) agreement if applicable. All web services must be secure.
- SC will not accept any offers including an “up-lift” charge. The rate paid per consultant must not exceed the maximum rate established for this position described in the State contract terms.
- Contractors must be onsite during each week throughout the term of the contract.
- Follow agency IT Standards, policies, and procedures to include documentation.
- All source code (compiled and un-compiled) will become the sole property of the South Carolina. Any source code, data, product, or functionality resulting from this SOW or previously owned/developed by will remain the sole property and is not to be incorporated into the core product of any vendor\'s application. Any modifications and interfaces developed under said contract will be not be used by the contractor for any independent project of the contractor or published or publicized by the contractor without written permission. The final say on all programming choices. Payment Schedule:
- All timesheets shall be entered and approved in a timely manner per State contract terms. The State will not pay any extra costs (i.e. Travel, employee benefits, insurance, room and board, etc.) for temporary employees under this contract.
- All required information including formulas, data, and mechanisms to check output.
- Staff to assist with any application or data questions.
- Conference rooms and scheduling for any application demos. • Workstation and required software.
- Miscellaneous Ability to deal effectively with the needs of technical peers, technical and user management, users, vendors, and staff members, and to communicate clearly and effectively in spoken and written form Yes 8 Advanced Currently Using 2 - 4 Years
- Miscellaneous Experience in designing and implementing enterprise level systems architectures. Yes 2 Advanced Currently Using 2 - 4 Years
- Miscellaneous Flexible and easily adapts to changing priorities Yes 9 Advanced Currently Using 2 - 4 Years
- Miscellaneous MS Visio Yes 5 Expert Currently Using 2 - 4 Years
- Network Security information security principles and practices Yes 1 Advanced Currently Using 2 - 4 Years
- Packaged Applications MS Project Yes 6 Advanced Currently Using 2 - 4 Years
- Specialties Business Analysis experience to include data flow diagrams, requirements specifications, use case scenarios, and acceptance testing. Yes 3 Expert Currently Using 4 - 6 Years
- Specialties Experience in developing and maintaining documentation for policies, procedures, and best practices Yes 7 Expert Currently Using 2 - 4 Years
- Specialties Skills in discovery, detailed design, current state, future state, fit gap and work with effectively with a development group Yes 4 Advanced Currently Using 2 - 4 Years
12 + Months
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 108
Hi! My name is Harmanpreet Singh. I love to work with people and help them find their dream job. I work with my consultants to understand their niche area of work and look for the best match for them. I feel that keeping in mind the priorities of my consultants help me to serve them better. Additionally, I always keep them posted about new relevant jobs which help me to build a connection with them not only professionally but at a personal level as well.