Iselin, New Jersey
April 29, 2019
IT Project Manager Niche
About The Opportunity
Nuveen IT and Operations is seeking an Innovation Solutions Project Manager who will be responsible for managing projects end-to-end including planning, execution and cost management of solutions involving innovative technologies such as cloud, big data, AI and ML. The successful candidate will manage these efforts in an organized, disciplined and predictable approach, adhering to TIAA and Nuveen program and project management methodologies and standards to ensure successful outcomes. In addition to core program and project management expertise, the ideal candidate also should have:
- Extensive experience with Cloud migration projects, cloud best practices, preferably related to migrations from on premise to the AWS cloud environment
- Understanding of cloud computing including operational, security and cost optimization controls.
- A working knowledge/understanding of the asset management business, related datasets and processes (such as investment portfolio construction, investment operations, market data, etc.) Responsibilities
- Drive execution:
- Ensure a comprehensive overall project plan is in place with sufficient milestone and key business value/functional delivery details and dates, to support sponsor and stakeholder focus on the current sprint(s) as well as the full delivery plan.
- Create and manage project and tasks in Clarity in timely fashion. Review resource time entered into clarity each week to ensure projects are being properly charged.
- Coordinate with Release Management, development and end-user resources (ex: change requests, ensuring all release artifacts are completed and in place, all relevant parties are informed, supporting resources such as DBAs and SAs are available, etc.). Execute release workflow and provide expertise as needed within supporting release management tools.
- Drive project meetings (daily scrum, requirements review, vendor checkpoints, release readiness review, etc.) and summarize action items, key decisions and assignments.
- Progress is tracked on a daily basis to ensure the project team is able to adhere to baselined/approved dates.
- Impediments are identified, tracked and bottlenecks or roadblocks within or outside of the project team are resolved internally where possible, or escalated to appropriate levels of leadership.
- Document summary of project related meetings, update project documentation and provide weekly updates to business stakeholders. Provide weekly release notes for the consolidated department level release announcements.
- Document Project communications (such as minutes, agendas, announcements, etc.) and store properly (ex: Program/Project SharePoint site).
- Prepare presentations and reports for senior leadership and keep the extended management team updated on a regular basis.
- Ensure Product functionality and deliverables are clearly understood and documented, changes to requirements are properly documented, approved and tracked, and any related impacts to dates and budgets are communicated to the stakeholders. Compliance and control
- Ensure proper documentation and records are developed and compliance controls are in place as mandated by the project management and release processes.
- Get Signoffs are on time (such as SDD, Test Summary report, Runbooks, Release approvals etc.)
- Monitor and report financials regularly – ensure budget is tracked and any overspending is brought to the attention of the managers. Coordination and Collaboration
- Deliverables that span across multiple teams are coordinated to ensure related releases are executed appropriately to support planned outcomes.
- Engage QA, Support, Infrastructure, related development teams in a timely fashion, and ensure understanding and communication regarding timing requirements for their services.
- Conduct User training sessions before releases to ensure users are well versed with the upcoming changes, impacts to their business process and their responsibilities to support successful utilization.
- 5+ years managing projects within a Front Office environment, preferably for a large Asset Management firm.
- Ability to take end-to-end responsibility for project delivery including planning, estimation, vendor relationship management, documentation and effectively caring for compliance and support requirements and/or issues.
- Demonstrated effective application of agile methodologies and practices in a real world development environment driving successful outcomes.
- Knowledgeable about Front Office systems and workflows and application of that knowledge to identify any related gaps between requirements and the supporting plan for execution and resulting solution delivery.
- Understanding of the software development process (SDLC) at a high level and utilizing that to develop a comprehensive plan (that includes non-technical requirements and tasks such as design review, code review, code cleanups, production supportability (Runbook development, archiving, backup, recovery, etc.)
- Fully engaged with the project team and act as the central coordinator, available to provide timely and necessary support for the team.
- Take ownership, provide support and add value as needed for project administrative activities and essential documentation (BRD, PMP, Business Case, etc.), release processes that enables technical resources such as developers to focus on development and delivery.
- Understand and apply the broader aspects of quality, sustainability and supportability of the solution beyond delivering the minimum in order to meet the current dates.
- Exceptional organization and communication skills.
- An understanding of innovative technologies such as AI, machine learning, natural language processing and big data analytics (highly desired).
- Project management related certifications desired.
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 104
Hi! My name is Sumit Gupta. I treat all my consultants in a manner that they feel comfortable while working with me on any position they are applying for. Although, the motive is to find the best match for my consultants. But I make sure that I suggest them the right job matching their profile and work history by interacting with them in detail and follow-up with them at each and every level of the hiring process.