Columbia, South Carolina
May 2, 2019
CL - Systems Software Programmer - Consultant
About The Opportunity
The Replacement Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS) project is one of the largest IT projects for the State of South Carolina. It is a multi-year effort to replace the State’s aging MMIS and related applications with more modern capabilities along with corresponding business operations services.
- The Systems Software Programmer – Consultant will support the Enterprise Services organization by designing complex solutions in one key area:
- Development Operations
- The Senior Developer will be responsible for designing and developing software solutions that focus on industry standards in software engineering.
- Solutions will primarily use Java EE framework utilizing a mix of open source and Commercial-off-the-Shelf platforms.
- This position requires knowledge and experience with these environments as well as experience in detail requirements, analysis, software design and development, testing, and deployment. Creation of the associated artifacts and the communications skills to clearly articulate the goal of the development and the tradeoffs for solution selection are critically important. We are looking for candidates with a broad set of technology skills to be able to design and build robust solutions on a complex Medicaid engagement which includes scaling component solutions and operational data stores.
- In this role, you will support the Enterprise Services organization for solution design and development utilizing Enterprise Architecture standards, Software Engineering best practices, and SOA component principles. Role-based security permissions for protection of Medicaid data is also a feature that must be defined and implemented as a part of solutions. Daily Duties / Responsibilities:
- Design and develop platform and software solutions using the SCDHHS Technology Product Portfolio (TTP) which includes:
- OpenAPI standard
- SOLID software engineering principles
- Docker container infrastructure
- Kubernetes orchestration
- Participate in the assessment of current and emerging technology with a focus on technology capabilities and impact.
- Ensure that component planning/activities are aligned with the integration strategy.
- Collaborate with SC agency staff and vendors on the implementation requirements solution integrations.
- Experience with high-perfosrmance, open source web technologies
- Experience in developing web applications
- Experience with MarkLogic and RDLs
- Experience with Apache Nifi
- Experience with data mining and extraction technologies
- Experience with OLTP and ODS
- Experience with aggregate data stores
- Knowledge of networking protocols, including TCP/IP, HTTP, NTP, DNS, MLLP, NDM
- Experience with multi-business unit integrations
- Strong communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Able to work independently
- Strong analytical and PROBLEM-SOLVING capabilities
- Excellent PROBLEM-SOLVING skills; proven teamwork and communication skills
- Experience in delivering end-to-end solutions
- Proficient in OOD
- Administrative Problem Solving Skills Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 6 + Years
- Administrative Verbal Communication Skills Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 6 + Years
- Administrative Written Communication Skills Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 6 + Years
- Development Tools Apache Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 4 - 6 Years
- Education Bachelor of Science Degree Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 2 - 4 Years
- Miscellaneous Multi-business unit integrations Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 4 - 6 Years
- Miscellaneous Teamwork Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 6 + Years
- Protocols Knowledge of networking protocols, including TCP/IP, HTTP, NTP, DNS, MLLP, NDM Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 4 - 6 Years
- Specialties ODS/EDW implementation experience Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 4 - 6 Years
- Specialties OLTP Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 4 - 6 Years
- Web Tools Developing Web Application for Heavy Volume Sites Yes 1 2 - 4 Years
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 105
Hi! My name is Drake. I love to help our placed consultants when they face any problem. Not only this, I work with consultants who have applied for any job with us and introduced them to our company culture. Additionally, I make sure that I do telephonic follow-ups with all the consultants working with us and let them know about the current status of their applications. I also make sure that our consultants are happy with the results.