May 10, 2019
About The Opportunity
- The successful candidate must have a strong project management skill set with effective results in an information technology environment, using PMI or similar industry standards. The candidate must have managed project teams that include different types of technology, systems, and platforms such as SaaS, PaaS, and web based applications /platforms, databases, etc. Candidate must be innovative in identifying, proposing and overseeing the conception, building, testing, implementation and delivery of business solutions. Responsibilities for this position include:
- Ensures that projects are implemented on time and according to defined requirements.
- Develops, monitors and coordinates project activities, such as budget tracking, schedule tracking, objective achievement and reporting.
- Creates and maintains project management artifacts and reports as required by DBF.
- Tracks and controls all aspects of service delivery to ensure project objectives are reached.
- Serves as strategic business partner and maintains knowledge and understanding of DBF application architecture and business processes.
- Develops and documents process improvements, which streamline DBF business processes, create efficiencies, reduce costs, or increase customer satisfaction.
- Ensures that DBF Management and key stakeholders are updated on project status, budget, issues, and risks.
- Consults with stakeholders to determine business rules and requirements.
- Conducts facilitated sessions with the project team to understand, collect, and document business and functional requirements.
- Conducts facilitated sessions with the project steering committee to create awareness of project status, identify key project risks and possible mitigating strategies, and to ensure that key decisions throughout the project lifecycle are thoroughly vetted and documented.
- Oversees and/or creates business and/or functional requirements documents.
- Acts as liaison between business stakeholders, technical teams, and vendors as needed to ensure successful delivery of business solution.
- Monitors vendor performance to ensure timely and accurate completion of vendor\'s responsibilities.
- Manages approved changes using a formal change control process.
- Develops and maintains a productive working relationship with the project sponsors, customers, users, and key stakeholders.
- Investigates and resolves project related issues.
- Conducts project close out activity including, but not limited to, formal hand off to support personnel, providing user training, providing user documentation, user acceptance with written sign off by project sponsor, conducting lessons learned activities, which includes timeline, budget, and quality analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited college or university plus project management certification and/or experience as a project manager for a minimum of eight (8) years with a proven track record of successful implementations.
- Strong project management skills with an effective results focus within an IT environment.
- A high level of technical expertise and clear insights into current business best practices with the ability to relate to people at many different levels.
- Experience in identifying and addressing cross-project dependencies and impacts.
- A results oriented individual who thrives working in a fast paced environment.
- Willingness to work occasionally outside of normal business hours, which could include Saturday or Sundays.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Experience in building strong project teams consisting of business SMEs, IT staff, and outside vendors, to collaborate in successfully executing project delivery, on time and within budget.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office, and Microsoft Visio.
- Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience successfully competing projects mid-stream that are in problem (red) status.
- Experience working in the financial services industry or in a financial services regulatory agency.
- Experience working with Iron Data, MicroPact, or Tyler implementations and applications, such as CAVU eLicense, ETK Regulatory, or other SaaS/PaaS solutions delivered on the entellitrak platform.
- Experience as a project manager for a minimum of three (3) years for IT projects involving coordination of:
- Multiple concurrent IT projects;
- Agile requirement and software development;
- Internal resources, third-party vendors, and resources from multiple groups, organizations, or state agencies; and
- System networking, database processing, hardware platforms, web and SaaS/PaaS software development implementation and support for a large number of users.
10 + Months
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 110
Hi! My name is Mark! As a job matchmaker, I believe that every consultant I work with is unique and try to understand what they are looking for in a new profile. Not only this, but I also try to understand their work background and history to suggest the best opening for them. I build a relationship with all my consultants by keeping them in the loop about any updates during the entire recruitment process.