Columbia, South Carolina
April 29, 2020
CL - Systems Software Programmer - Project Lead
About The Opportunity
- This is a State of Emergency Request due to the COVID-19 crisis. Per the amendment to the solicitation, candidates will be shortlisted to the Hiring Manager as they are submitted into Beeline and not held for the 7 days. The Hiring Manager is required to interview a minimum of three candidates but may select a candidate to hire anytime within the 7 days that this request is open. The request will be placed on hold at the time a candidate is selected for hire or after 7 days whichever comes first.
- Due to Covid-19 the selected candidate can work remote temporarily, however the expectation is this will be a 100% ONSITE position once the State of Emergency has been lifted
- DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in a team environment to assist with efforts to support a remote workforce and agency initiative for a paperless environment. Emphasis for the eForms Programmer candidates will be developing and implementing fillable forms in OpenText LiquidOffice software and integration with agency systems for data collection. To include creating automatic workflows to route and track the approval process for internal users using digital signatures, route forms and information for review and approval, collect data, improve efficiency and data accuracy. Develops integrated solutions to resolve highly complex technical and business issues. Final eforms will reside as documents in the agency EDM system OpenText ApplicationXtender. Works with IT Electronic Content Management (ECM) and application development staff to integrate enterprise applications with the eForms solution.
- The agency supports four primary deputy areas with around 500 active forms that are either program area specific or utilized across the agency.
- Specific eForms Programmer duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- • Create and publish electronic forms to capture data and automate review, approval, and tracking of those forms in OpenText LiquidOffice.
- • Conversion of existing active agency forms to eForm system to support a remote workforce.
- • Connect form elements to identified agency systems to ensure data entry consistency and accuracy.
- • Integrate with Microsoft Active Directory for user access and permissions.
- • Perform complex programming functions, assistance, and technical advice including design architecture, configuration, writing, testing, and documentation to complex programming of agency systems as assigned.
- • Ensure maximum system uptime for critical components to ensure business continuity.
- • Diagnoses, isolates and de-bugs problems and performs problem resolution.
- • Monitors systems capacity and performance, plans and executes disaster recovery procedures and provides Tier 2 technical support.
- • Work with primary LiquidOffice system administrator to assist with administrative support and backup to primary administrator.
- • Work with Administration Application Section staff to modernization the agency Record Information Management System (RIMS) used by agency staff to manage and track agency forms created and used by staff.
- • Adheres to Information Technology application development standards and security requirements.
- • All code to be checked in and out through code repository Tortoise SVN.
- • Ensure applications are compatible in major web browsers (IE, Chrome, Firefox, etc.).
- • Prepare and maintain system documentation for forms and imagining systems supported.
- • Work in a collaborative effort to conceptualize total systems and/or product solutions currently in place and remediation to system environment residing at the State IT Data Center.
- • Ability to plan, organize, review, implement associated project milestones to completion.
- • Recommend and assist in the design of system architectures to align with organizational strategic business objectives.
- • Requires mastery technical and business knowledge in multiple disciplines/processes.
- • Provide updates to the Project Team.
- • Assist with development of policies and procedures to conform and comply with agency standard cyber security policy design related to information risk management, designation of data as to criticality, confidentiality, and protection. (NIST 800-53, FISMA, SC InfoSec Requirements http://admin.sc.gov/technology/information-security/policies-and-procedures, etc.)
- The position will be utilized for 40 hours per week for the duration of this project. The selected candidates should be able to work flexible hours where it may be necessary for work to be completed outside traditional business hours when deploying production systems rollouts. There is potential for remote work.
- The candidate will work closely with the Electronic Content Management (ECM) Section Manager and Enterprise Applications Director to identify, prioritize, and schedule workload and implementation to IT standards and procedures. The candidates will work closely with customer and subject matter experts to ensure all business requirements and system design are met.
- The position promotes agency initiatives and adheres to Information Technology application development standards to support business operations
- This will also include implementation of new security policy/procedures as well as integrating systems when possible to streamline staff workflows, user security, and data correction.
- Module support of the project.
- • DHEC will require that selected personnel sign the DHEC confidentially agreement and/or Business Associate (BA) agreement if applicable. All web services must be secure.
- • DHEC will not accept any offers including an “up-lift” charge. The rate paid per consultant must not exceed the maximum rate established for this position described in the State contract terms.
- • Contractors must be onsite during each week throughout the term of the contract.
- • Follow agency IT Standards, policies, and procedures to include documentation.
- • All source code (compiled and un-compiled) will become the sole property of the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control. Any source code, data, product, or functionality resulting from this SOW or previously owned/developed by DHEC will remain the sole property of DHEC and is not to be incorporated into the core product of any vendor\'s application. Any modifications and interfaces developed under said contract will be not be used by the contractor for any independent project of the contractor or published or publicized by the contractor without written permission of DHEC.
- • DHEC has the final say on all programming language choices and processes implemented.
- Administrative Workflow design and implementation Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 4 - 6 Years
- Database Platforms MS SQL Yes 7 Expert Currently Using 4 - 6 Years
- Development Tools SQL Yes 8 Advanced Currently Using 4 - 6 Years
- Documentation/Language Expertise with document import process Yes 5 Expert Currently Using 2 - 4 Years
- Documentation/Language Expertise with document setup and workflow into EDM system Yes 5 Expert Currently Using 2 - 4 Years
- Documentation/Language Knowledge of common electronic document formats Yes 3 Expert Currently Using 4 - 6 Years
- IT Administration EDM application integration for the import and retrieval of image documents Yes 4 Expert Currently Using 4 - 6 Years
- IT Administration System Administration of an Electronic Document System Yes 2 Advanced Currently Using 4 - 6 Years
- Miscellaneous Document design principles Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 2 - 4 Years
- Specialties Microsoft Active Directory Yes 6 Advanced Currently Using 4 - 6 Years
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 104
Hi! My name is Sumit Gupta. I treat all my consultants in a manner that they feel comfortable while working with me on any position they are applying for. Although, the motive is to find the best match for my consultants. But I make sure that I suggest them the right job matching their profile and work history by interacting with them in detail and follow-up with them at each and every level of the hiring process.