April 30, 2020
Data Integration/Developer, Senior Technical Specialist
About The Opportunity
- Note: Local and GC or Citizen candidates preferred.
- Project Scope/Tasks: The consultant will assist CalPERS Technology Information and Business Advancement section; including information architects, business architects, security administrators, data modelers, data administrators, data managers, data reporters and Enterprise Analytics and Data Services staff in understanding the current-data from the My CalPERS system and enterprise data warehouse and how it impacts their work moving forward into the future business needs of Cal PERS.
- The consultant will perform data extracting, transforming, loading, impact analysis and validating. The consultant will also develop dimensional data models or transformational solutions for the Business Intelligence team.
- The consultant will be required to work under the direction of the CalPERS Enterprise Analytics and Data Services Manager and closely with ITSB technical managers and staff. In addition, the consultant will provide mentoring and knowledge transfer to Cal PERS staff.
- Provide data & technology support necessary to enable Cal PERS to meet Business Intelligence related business objectives, including customer service, performance management and risk analytical needs; and support for our retirement and health research portions of the enterprise Work with Cal PERS data integration team to develop and maintain data transformation processes using Oracle Data Integrator (ODI)to load and transform data into the Business Intelligence star schema/data warehouse
- Work with CalPERS data integration team to configure ODI and automate processes. Document processes completely and develop system diagrams.
- Translate data requirements into technical specifications and validate the data warehouse meets specified requirements
- Develop reporting metamodeling, including logically grouping business element functions in the form of conformed dimensions and hierarchies, measures and data security rules
- Design, development and implement dashboards, metrics and scorecards using Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE). Provide functional administration for the OBIEE environment
- Continue to mature the Business Intelligence Data & Technology domain (tools, data integration and architecture) by carrying out tasks outlined in the CalPERS Data & Analytics (Business Intelligence) Roadmap and Action Plan
- Improve the long-term ability to provide increasingly complex analytics in support of Cal PERS mission and vision
- Attend project, staff, and management meetings as required.
- Individuals must have participated in at least two (2) successful Business Intelligence and/or Analytics projects, one of which with a budget of at least $1 million.
- At least five (5) years of experience in some or all areas of Pension, Health Insurance, Customer Service, or Finance.
- At least five (5) years of experience performing tasks pertaining to data integration (ETL) processes to transform disparate source data into the target data stores, data warehouses or data marts.
- At least three (3) years of experience in data integration projects using Oracle Database 11g and Oracle Data Integrator or similar ETL tools.
- At least five (5) years of experience with interpreting requirements and developing complex PL/SQL, SQL and data marts.
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 104
Hi! My name is Sumit Gupta. I treat all my consultants in a manner that they feel comfortable while working with me on any position they are applying for. Although, the motive is to find the best match for my consultants. But I make sure that I suggest them the right job matching their profile and work history by interacting with them in detail and follow-up with them at each and every level of the hiring process.