April 30, 2020
Senior Technical Specialist, Data Integrator/Developer
About The Opportunity
- Note: Local and GC or Citizen candidates preferred.
- Project Scope/Tasks: The consultant will assist CalPERS Technology Information and Business Advancement section; including information architects, business architects, security administrators, data modelers, data administrators, data managers, data reporters and team members in understanding the current data from my CalPERS system and enterprise data warehouse and how it impacts their work moving forward into the future business needs of Cal PERS.
- Using SQL queries with advanced functions and large, complex data models, the consultant will perform data extracting, transforming and validating. The consultant will also develop dimensional data models, develop semantic data layers, or transformational solutions for the Data & Analytics team.
- The consultant will be required to work under the direction the CalPERS Enterprise Analytics & Data Services Manager and closely with other ITSB technical managers and team members. In addition, the consultants will provide mentoring to Cal PERS staff. . The scope of this project encompasses the following tasks:
- Participate in functional requirements gathering as needed and provide quality assurance of analysis completed by staff such as use cases, designs and design documents, or testing deliverables
- Work closely with CalPERS Data & Analytics team (DnA) and develop SQL to provide data extracts and to validate data for these extracts for Public Records Act requests, Employer Data Requests and internal business data requests
- Validate CalPERS business information flow and business rules against dimensional/conceptual/logical/physical models utilizing existing documentation such as use cases and business requirements.
- Work closely with CalPERS teams to develop/design dimensional models and sematic layers to address different functional business areas reporting needs, such as retirement and health benefits.
- Provide feedback to the CalPERS data validation team and ensure that they are capturing the correct and complete requirements
- Review CalPERS data validation team data findings and provide feedback and fix transformation logic as necessary
- Mentor CalPERS data engineers and DnA team members on best practices
- Attend project, staff, and management meetings as required
- At least five (5) years of experience supporting the design and development of analytical models, tools, or programs using Oracle tools
- At least five (5) years of experience with interpreting requirements and developing complex PUSQL and SOL
- At least five (5) years of experience in some or all areas of Pension, Health Insurance, Customer Service, Finance or Risk.
- Proven ability to reason logically and creatively and use a variety of analytical and research techniques to solve complex problems; visualize data sets; analyze situations and propose an effective course of action; analyze data; identify the need for and provide creative thinking related to complex problems, develop and evaluate alternatives.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with a variety of audience types using different mechanisms including informal updates, formal presentations, business case documents, and other analytical and technical documents.
- Proven strong understanding of information technology fundamentals, project management fundamentals, and systems development life cycle.
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 107
Hi! My name is Sushil Singh. Helping consultants with getting their desired job is what makes me feel alive. I build a unique relationship with each of my consultants and work on their profile as per their needs. I believe that my consultants are my assets and this motivates me to serve them in an even better manner. Hence, I work towards the success of every consultant I work with.